Climate Change – What do the People of Phoenix Think?

travelerjim

Re: Climate Change – What do the People of Phoenix Think?

Post by travelerjim »

Hahaha....
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

travelerjim wrote:armstrongeconomics.com
You have as much credibility as do most of your sources. Martin Armstrong is a fraud and spent 5 years in jail because of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_A._Armstrong

"There are over 31,000 scientists who have stood up and said this is a hoax."... another lie.

http://www.snopes.com/30000-scientists- ... te-change/
artic55

Post by artic55 »

My Dear friend Gaybutton and other fear mongers.

Polar icecaps melting away......come on the state of the polar icecaps can be seen here in real time....http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charc ... ice-graph/ everything is normal in both the Arctic and Antarctic, and for you info the ice budget for Greenland can be monitored here in real time....http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/charc ... ice-graph/ Greenland had a record snowfall this last winter.
Now you show us the data for the increase in devastating storms since 1850??

I don;t like your President one bit, but he did the right thing to pull you guys out of the Paris agreement, the US was to pay for the rest of the world resulting in job losses and greatly increased cost of living. Fluctuations in climate is the norm on this planet,
I'm sick of listening to endless "End of the world" predictions, keep in mind that ALL models that the Global Warming Mafia have used in the past to predict future climate changes have been wrong. What happened to "Ice free Arctic 2010" predicted by Al Gore, and 50 million Climate refugees by the year 2010????

Listening to biased media who thrive on catastrophic and worst case scenarios picked up from......NB not facts but predictions....is not going to give you the right respective, do you own research online it's easy and quite straight forward, being retired you should have the time and I am sure you will be surprised what you find.

Thaiworthy.

Just this sentence from your post makes your argument worthless. "While carbon dioxide accounts for 72% of greenhouse gases" Water vapor accounts for over 95% of Greenhouse gases in our atmosphere the rest is split between CO2, Methane, N20 and other gasses. Current levels of CO2 in our atmosphere is around 0.039% or around 400ppm water vapor is from 0% at -44F to 4% at 86F.

ref. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring-re ... -gases.php
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

artic55 wrote:Just this sentence from your post makes your argument worthless.
My dear friend Artic55, I suggest you re-read the article and its headline. Anthropogenic means (chiefly of environmental pollution and pollutants) originating from human activity. Global warming is caused by the emission of greenhouse gases. 72% of the totally emitted greenhouse gases is carbon dioxide (CO2), 18% Methane and 9% Nitrous oxide (NOx). Carbon dioxide emissions therefore are the most important cause of global warming. CO2 is inevitably created by burning fuels like e.g. oil, natural gas, diesel, organic-diesel, petrol, organic-petrol, ethanol. The emissions of CO2 have been dramatically increased within the last 50 years.

Water vapor is indeed the most important naturally occurring greenhouse gas. And herein lies the fault to your argument.

http://timeforchange.org/CO2-cause-of-global-warming

"72% refers to the sum over all anthropogenic greenhouse gases, weighted by their global warming potential over the next 100 years. This consists of 72% carbon dioxide, 18% methane, 8% nitrous oxide and 1% other gases."

Water vapor plays a major role among these rising levels of other gases. Yes sir, I have indeed invested my own precious retirement time to share with you these facts:

"The average residence time of a water molecule in the atmosphere is only about nine days, compared to years or centuries for other greenhouse gases such as CH4 and CO2. Thus, water vapor responds to and amplifies effects of the other greenhouse gases. This relation establishes that more water vapor will be present per unit volume at elevated temperatures. This and other basic principles indicate that warming associated with increased concentrations of the other greenhouse gases also will increase the concentration of water vapor (assuming that the relative humidity remains approximately constant; modeling and observational studies find that this is indeed so). Because water vapor is a greenhouse gas, this results in further warming and so is a "positive feedback" that amplifies the original warming. Eventually other earth processes offset these positive feedbacks, stabilizing the global temperature at a new equilibrium and preventing the loss of Earth's water through a Venus-like runaway greenhouse effect."

It's in Wikipedia, check it out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas

It's just not as simple as you're making it sound. Leave science to the scientists. Science is not a biased media. You are trying hard to achieve your own interpretation of the facts and I'm sorry, but that just won't work. If you're sick of listening to predictions, then don't listen to them. It's easier than pointing a finger at those you wish to caption as fear mongers.

BTW, the link you provided only supports these facts. Here's some more facts from a guy who is an actual bona-fide scientist and who knows a little more than a thing or two from either you and I.

And if you liked that, then you are going to LOVE this:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

artic55 wrote:fear mongers.
I can side with what you say or I can side with what the scientists say. 3 guesses which I choose . . .

I suppose the climate change deniers won't be satisfied until Earth starts to become another Venus - and according to the scientists who have me convinced they are correct, that process has already started.
artic55

Post by artic55 »

Global Warming is not science.........it's religion.....believe what you are told or go to hell, don't question authorities.....Do you remember when the earth was flat, and the sun revolved around the earth.......scientists of the day...are they any different today?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

artic55 wrote:Global Warming is not science.........it's religion
And to think I never knew that . . .
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

artic55 wrote:Do you remember when the earth was flat, and the sun revolved around the earth.......scientists of the day...are they any different today?
Yes! Isn't that one of the major problems with religious doctrine, especially in the Catholic Church which effectively ruled everything in the emerging western world as it crawled out of the Dark Ages?. If you didn't believe something and openly expressed your views, the hand of God came thumping down and you either found yourself tied to a stake about to be consigned to hell through burning, or recanted and kept your peace in jail

The fact is the Greeks knew that the world was round. Pythagoras was probably the first to be quoted on the subject but it was Aristotle in the 4th century BC who proved it. One of his 'proofs' was realising during lunar eclipses that the shadow of the earth was round. A millennium earlier the Vedic Aryans in India asserted the earth was round and circled the sun.

Even as late as the early 8th century, the 'Venerable' Bede, an English monk, declared the world to be an orb, set like a sphere in the middle of the universe. Despite this, the Catholic Church refused to believe the scientists, ancient teaching and their own mariners, insisting on their own version of a fake fact.

I'll take my chance with scientists. Unlike those days when the world was split into various civilisations most of whom knew little about the others, today the availability of knowledge is virtually universal.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

artic55 wrote:Global Warming is not science.........it's religion.....believe what you are told or go to hell, don't question authorities.....Do you remember when the earth was flat, and the sun revolved around the earth.......scientists of the day...are they any different today?

Well Mr Artic, you are wildly misinformed on just about everything you've written on this topic. I can feel the love oozing from your keyboard when the phrase 'Scientific Method' pops up. But I think, deep down, you know that already. On the other hand ~~ maybe not ~~ 'Know-Nothing-ism' is still a holy relic in some parts of West Virginia and perhaps Idaho. You know: Trump Territory.
Yes, and in fact I do distinctly remember when the earth was flat. It was 1951 and bloody cold outside.
A very large message board on this topic can be observed here: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

But, all is not lost: If I have learned even one lesson from you it's that I will be cutting WAY back on the use of my beloved ..... 'ellipsis's' (SP?) .........
See, I've already started to overuse these things " ~~ ".
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

artic55

Post by artic55 »

I think it was one of your former presidents....Mr. Nixon who said that Americans only believed it if it was on TV...or something to that effect. I think this "discussion" proves he was right!! Just like infants, you old timers eat what you are feed, in this case by the media.

But have you guys noted......the polar ice caps are still there, wonder why!!!