Climate Change – What do the People of Phoenix Think?

fountainhall

Climate Change – What do the People of Phoenix Think?

Post by fountainhall »

Well, Mr. Trump! As temperature soar to 45 degrees C, smaller regional airlines are having to cancel flights into and out of Phoenix Arizona during the hottest hours of the day. American Airlines has cancelled dozens of flights. The reason? It’s too hot for those planes to fly! The smaller Bombardier planes have a maximum operating temperature of 48C. Today the temperature is forecast to reach 49C.

An ICAO Report last year warned that higher temperatures caused by climate change could
"have severe consequences for aircraft take-off performance, where high altitudes or short runways limit the payload or even the fuel-carrying capacity".
Planning to visit Phoenix, Mr, Trump?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40339730
Gaybutton

Re: Climate Change – What do the People of Phoenix Think?

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:higher temperatures caused by climate change
Climate change? What climate change? There is no climate change. That's what the Trumpsters assure us, isn't it?

Climate change? Global warming? Nonsense! It's all just a hoax . . .

By the way - that 49°C is 120°F - halfway to boiling.

That's very reassuring, coming from the Ministry of Propaganda.
- George C. Scott (Col. Ritter), 'The Hindenburg'
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

That's too hot for me.
Trouble with global warming is what you do about it. A bit of recycling here and there isn't going to cut it. I do believe in global warming but do not believe the modern world would accept the major interference in their lives which would be required to actually stop it from happening.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

I have been a long time follower of the Weather Channel in America and its Founder.... John Coleman... He's right!

"I can confirm that I was told to be a good boy and the government would hand me millions of dollars a year to put out studies to support whatever.

They tell you what the conclusion is to be and you then write a report that they can claim some expert has derived this as if it is really impartial.

They would not let anyone even speak at the Paris Climate Conference who disagreed with them.

There are over 31,000 scientists who have stood up and said this is a hoax."

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/worl ... te-change/

BTW... I love Phoenix in the summertime. My Thai bf and I will be in Phoenix on business and holiday at the Grand Canyon late this summer.

Tj
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Captain Kirk wrote:" ... A bit of recycling here and there isn't going to cut it. I do believe in global warming but do not believe the modern world would accept the major interference in their lives which would be required to actually stop it from happening.
Nailed on the head! I agree with you that the world in general is still hiding in the sand (TravelerJim above being a perfect example) hoping the whole concept of climate change will go away.
Of course, it won't.
Starting 'around' the 2050's things will become undeniably Really-Bad-News ... and after the 2050's the very-scary-graph turns ever-up-ward ('Up" being bad!). We ~ that is to say, the dudes on this message board ~ will be dead and buried some time before that: so we don't have to anything! :roll:
Human nature is easy to laugh at on many levels, but not this one.

This is the only graph you need to believe:

Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

travelerjim wrote:There are over 31,000 scientists who have stood up and said this is a hoax."
Well, that's certainly a relief. I was worried. Global warming? Naaaahhhh, just a hoax. The temperature extremes, stronger and more frequent devastating storms, polar icecaps melting away - all sheer coincidence - nothing to do with global warming or climate change. We're fine just to ignore it.

A hoax? Perpetrated by whom? For what reason?

After all, I don't want clean air that's fit to breathe, good food fit to eat, pure water fit to drink. Who in their right mind would want any of those . . . ?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

This is a complex issue. I believe heartily in global warming and have concerns over the environment. The primary cause is the greenhouse effect. The most important greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and water vapor. While all these gases occur naturally in the atmosphere, emissions from human sources has caused their levels to rise to a point that is no longer sustainable.

While carbon dioxide accounts for 72% of greenhouse gases, methane has a shorter lifespan, and consequently, is not as abundant in the atmosphere as in terms of its effect-- BUT, it is much more potent.

Agricultural products appears to account for 12.5% of the emissions. Methane gas alone is 18% of the total because not only livestock produce methane gas as waste. Before the industrial revolution, there were as many as 60 million bison roaming the Great Plains compared to 98.4 million cows in the US today. Bison farted happily to their heart's content before the 1800s and some people argue that it did not contribute to significant emissions. But there are more people, animals, decomposing organic matter and natural gas extraction than in previous eras. Animal rights groups argue the reverse, but the big picture arises when all the various sources are considered.

Animal rights activists have compassion for animals, are not scientists nor environmentalists. To me, this is what makes it a political issue rather than a scientific one. And science should have the loudest voice, despite some legitimate beefs (pardon the pun) from each particular group.

It is just not that cut and dried, not that simple, no matter whose point-of-view is considered.

http://globalwarming-facts.info/causes- ... ing-human/

https://www.quora.com/How-many-cows-are-there-in-the-US
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_bison
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

STOP SHITTING ...NOW!!!
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Smiles wrote:STOP SHITTING ...NOW!!!
You start first.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Well, at last we know why Trump felt he had to pull out of the Paris Accords. He can't stop FARTING!!!