Help!! Tumblr problem!

a447

Help!! Tumblr problem!

Post by a447 »

I'm a great fan of tumblr and follow over 800 sites, including some really hot Asian ones. I also have close to 1000 "likes" - if you "like" a photo or video, it saves them for you. It does the same with the tumblr you follow. I use the tumblr app.

Yesterday I noticed that all my "liked" photos and sites I follow have disappeared from the app. There's no icon anymore for new to click on.

Is anyone else having this problem?

It's all there if I open the tumblr website. It only happens with the app.
Gaybutton

Re: Help!! Tumblr problem!

Post by Gaybutton »

Are you talking about a smartphone app?

If yes, check to see if your phone has a 'refresh' function anywhere. If not, you might uninstall the app, and hopefully it will have an option to retain the settings, and then reinstall it, keeping your fingers crossed that everything will be restored.

If there is a way to contact Tumblr, you might send them an email, or whatever, explain the problem, and maybe they'll respond with a solution.

Unless someone posts better ideas, you can try taking the phone to a good mobile phone repair shop, explain the problem, and see if a professional can do anything about it.
a447

Post by a447 »

It's an app on my ipad.

I've checked the Web but can't find anything.

Yes I did consider re-installing the app but I'm worried I'll lose everything.

I wonder if it's just tumblr censoring stuff again.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I have just checked a few tumblr sites on my desktop and iPad - no censorship at all today. I decided after a bad experience I will never use the cloud but I know others who swear by it. Do you send up your saved photos? If not, like GB all I can suggest is uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. I know that when you do that with jack'd, your saved profiles and chats are restored provided you keep the same log in name and password. No idea if tumblr is the same, alas.
a447

Post by a447 »

Now I don't think it's a censorship issue. I have no idea why those 2 icons would disappear from the app. They are still available on the website, but the app is way easier to use.

I clicked around the app and came across my profile page. I can access my likes and follows from there. It's not the best, but it's better than nothing.

I'll wait a bit and see what happens before re-installing the app. I'm scared I'll lose everything.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:I'm scared I'll lose everything.
That is why I suggested trying to contact Tumblr and ask if that would happen.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Exotic Tumblr sites seem to suddenly shut down, for whatever reason. Even when viewed on a proper Firefox browser. Once the site is gone, it never seems to return.
One solution is to find a constant stream of new Tumblr material, either by google or checking the original source of any photos & clicking thorough to the original site.