Oscars - What a F--k Up!

readerc54

Re: Oscars - What a F--k Up!

Post by readerc54 »

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that one of the two Price Waterhouse bigwigs had been tweeting just before handing the wrong envelope to Beatty. Worse, he had been denied permission to tweet prior to this because he was told that his only task was to get the distribution right.
thaiworthy

Re: Oscars - What a F--k Up!

Post by thaiworthy »

Oscars night advertising, more interesting than the debacle. 5 brands were deliberately political with their Oscar ads this year.

This year's Oscars was set up to be a politically charged night but it was brands, not actors, who made the biggest statements.
The awards show is the second biggest live television event in the United States, after the Super Bowl. This year, brands paid up to $2.1 million for a 30-second spot during the film industry's biggest annual event, according to Variety.

From uniting the nation, to championing women, these were the most politically charged ads from the 2017 Oscars.

http://www.businessinsider.com/5-brands ... ac-carry-1

--

Just a personal note: I received a Facebook request from my ex-boss of 17 years yesterday, a hateful, vengeful man that somehow slipped through the cracks of my Facebook block. Seriously Republican. I scanned his wall and noted with disgust his typical narrow-minded views, i.e. the following comments.

"Nice thing about the Oscar's screw-up is that no one will remember any of the political stuff, just the final mixup!"

"Watched some Canadian TV last night via Acorn TV. A lesbian police officer on the show - and it's an obvious stereotype. Equality will happen when we don't know the character is gay from the moment they appear on screen."

Clicked Delete Request.