Customs at US Border

puan

Customs at US Border

Post by puan »

Saw this on another board. It is an interesting read...

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/16/us/bo ... index.html
lvdkeyes

Re: Customs at US Border

Post by lvdkeyes »

Good reason not to want to return to T Rumpland.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

These rights of US Immigration and Customs have been in place for many years... Regardless of who is President.
It's not a Trump edict.

Tj
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

They did that to me a couple years ago. I think it was at DTW, but it could have been at any US gateway airport. They looked at my iPhone and laptop. It was extremely quick. Most of my storage is on the cloud, anyway. And I would recommend that just as a general rule. If they want access to a cloud service, I suppose I could easily give them one that does not compromise my privacy. But I don't have anything even remotely illegal anyway. Agricultural items goes without saying. They took a good, long look at my medicines, but it had come from a hospital with my doctor's name on it.

Last time I knew what to expect, so I gave them an unintentionally good tease. He wanted to go to the carousel for me and pickup my language. I said "it's blue with yellow handles, I got a picture on my iPhone." I started scrolling busily though my albums while he quickly jerked his head over my shoulder peeking at all the pictures as they whizzed past. I thought he was going to break his neck. By the time I found the luggage photo, he was half-dizzy. They were glad to be rid of me.