Manchester by the Sea - great movie!

fountainhall

Manchester by the Sea - great movie!

Post by fountainhall »

I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch this movie but I found it one of the best I have been to for a very, very long time. It's impossible to describe it without hinting at its basic theme and that would detract so much from the movie's overall effect. Casey Affleck is quite magnificent in the lead role and hopefully will win the Best Actor Oscar. His performance certainly deserves it.
Undaunted

Re: Manchester by the Sea - great movie!

Post by Undaunted »

I began watching it on my andriod box but I just couldn't get into it, I felt the same about La La Land however of the remaining candidates for an Academy Award I loved "Lion" and was very intrigued with "Moonlight"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3741834/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4975722/

B.T.W. if you do not have and android T.V. box and if you do have a good wifi signal I suggest you look into getting one.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

The movie weaves a complex tapestry and paying close attention at the outset is vital to an understanding of the main character. Not for those who want to spend an easy couple of hours.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Also enjoyed Manchester by the Sea.Two other good films I've seen, both of which have been nominated for Academy Awards.

Lion, the true account of how a 5-year old boy becomes separated from his older brother at a deserted railway station in India and ends up being adopted by an Australian couple. Flashbacks of his earlier life come to him in his 20's an he begins the task of find his true home.

Moonlight, the story of a youth comes to realize that he's gay and experiences intense bullying. With the help of a mentor he manages manages to survive.

Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Found it wasn't really my thing, far preferred Hacksaw Ridge.