Retain the topic and let it continue to grow
64%
Other (please explain)
21%

Total votes: 14

thaiworthy

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win POLL

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:If the vote goes in favor of deleting the topic, I'll do it on February 28. That would give people enough time to save the topic to their computers if they wish.
So I guess this means on the 27th I should save the topic. I have no idea how to do this.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:So I guess this means on the 27th I should save the topic. I have no idea how to do this.
If the voting continues the trend it's taking so far, you won't have to worry.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

This has become the go-to place among the three Thai boards for those who've become fascinated by the biggest news phenomenon in years. Granted, it's not the most popular of topics across the boards (trip reports and venue reviews seem to generate the most interest) but the action of members of this site are indeed telling: they talk with their clicks and posts.

That the Trump thread has become so dominant shouldn't necessarily be viewed with dismay; It reflects members' concerns. Would it be nice to see postings balanced out with more Thai-centric ones? Sure would. However, there's a problem that I think has to do more with numbers that makes this a bit of a challenge. There's a declining number of gay men within the demographic that have traditionally driven boards like this. And the biggest factor within that demographic is mean age.

So if men of certain age are more drawn to politics now than they were when they were younger, so be it. Eventually--hopefully--something or someone will come along to displace this fascination. Until then, The Donald is a golden goose to traffic.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

readerc54: Well said and well thought out, you have made me a convert I retract my vote for other and can add one to keep topic going.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Well if it boils down to keeping it going or deleting it, I'm for keeping it going, too. Obviously.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

painai2 wrote:Delete the topic and allow no more discussion of Trump period.
I'm rather curious as to Painai2's stand on this. The 2 or 3 'Trump' topics are in the correct Forum (i.e. a long way away from the 'Thailand' forum, which of course is the meat and potatoes of this message board, and always will be). The various postings have been reasonably polite ~ though lop-sided to the 'liberal' side.
But what's up with the " ... and allow no more discussion ..."? That notion is as Orwellian as it can be ... and right up Trump's alley I should add.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Smiles wrote:
painai2 wrote:Delete the topic and allow no more discussion of Trump period.
I'm rather curious as to Painai2's stand on this. The 2 or 3 'Trump' topics are in the correct Forum (i.e. a long way away from the 'Thailand' forum, which of course is the meat and potatoes of this message board, and always will be). The various postings have been reasonably polite ~ though lop-sided to the 'liberal' side.
But what's up with the " ... and allow no more discussion ..."? That notion is as Orwellian as it can be ... and right up Trump's alley I should add.
thaiworthy wrote:..."staying out of politics" or being "sick of politics" is privilege in action. Your privilege allows you to live in a non-political existence. Your wealth, your race, your abilities or your gender allows you to live a life in which you likely will not be a target of bigotry, attacks, deportation, or genocide. You don't want to get political, you don't want to fight because your life and safety are not at stake.
http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... &start=740
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Not very many votes compared to the number of views, but obviously the winning majority was in favor of "Retain the topic and let it continue to grow."

The membership has spoken. The topic will remain intact and open for posting.

But this topic is now at an end.