Retain the topic and let it continue to grow
64%
Other (please explain)
21%

Total votes: 14

Gaybutton

Consequences of Trump's Win POLL

Post by Gaybutton »

What do you folks think? Should I leave the "Consequences of Trump's Win" topic in place and let it continue to grow or should I delete it and replace it with a new Trump topic?

This poll is in response to:
Smiles wrote:This thread is 79 pages long now (at least in my page-view 'settings'). 784 replies and over 25500 views.
Can you imagine how long it will be in 2020? :o :lol:
Actually I have been thinking about deleting it since it has gotten so long and most of the news is now old news. I would replace it with a new thread about Trump.

http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic. ... 751#p78751

The poll ends Sunday, February 19 at noon.
thaiworthy

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win POLL

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote: . . . or should I delete it and replace it with a new Trump topic?
Oh please, don't delete it. A lot of good information and history in there. I put a lot of sweat and tears into that topic, what a shame to see it all bite the dust. I suppose you could close the thread. But what does the size of it have to do with anything?

Alternatively, why couldn't anyone just post a new topic if they wanted to, that is more specific to a particular aspect of "Trump Consequences?"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:Alternatively, why couldn't anyone just post a new topic if they wanted to, that is more specific to a particular aspect of "Trump Consequences?"
Mainly because this board is about Thailand, not Trump. One topic about Trump is enough.

If the vote goes in favor of deleting the topic, I'll do it on February 28. That would give people enough time to save the topic to their computers if they wish.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Certainly the topic has its merits, but it has grown to define what this board is and though it is a niche it does so at the peril of anything gay, not only is most anything else Pattaya centric but it has become for the most part American politics centric.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

If the delete Crowd win this poll it will be because of the 350,000 non-members of Gaybutton voting illegally. Undoubtedly the fucking Mexicans.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

painai2

Post by painai2 »

Delete the topic and allow no more discussion of Trump period.
puan

Post by puan »

My vote....is allow it to continue.

It provides a great many of us a vehicle through wish to vent. Basically, the Board is allowing a mental health service that could not easily be found elsewhere. 8-)

PS: I do hope that GayButton is not allowing busloads of illegal voters from Massachusetts to cast votes!!!! AND furthermore....I do hope that GB is being vigilant in case the Russians attempt to hack and alter this poll.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

It would be interesting to know as a result of this continuing topic how many members have become inactive as a result, the same few members fuel this topic.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Alex

Post by Alex »

I voted "Other", here's what I would do:

I would lock the topic, but I wouldn't delete it. Deleting posts is an insult to anyone who has contributed, so IMHO that should be reserved to posts that violate rules. Essentially I'd keep it for reference, but I wouldn't let it grow any further.

For the future, I'd prefer Trump-related threads to deal with one particular issue each. That would make it easier to keep track of them. I wouldn't discourage future discussions of Trump and his policies.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:For the future, I'd prefer Trump-related threads to deal with one particular issue each. That would make it easier to keep track of them. I wouldn't discourage future discussions of Trump and his policies.
I don't discourage future discussions about Trump, but I am not going to have multiple threads about him. Again, this board is about Thailand, not Trump, although he seems to be the focus of most of the attention lately. In any case, if the poll ends in favor of continuing the current Trump thread, fine with me, but that will be the only Trump thread on this board unless something catastrophic happens - and with Trump in office, that is a likely possibility.