In case you missed it, here's Trump's inauguration speech

pitrevie

Re: In case you missed it, here's Trump's inauguration speech

Post by pitrevie »

Captain Kirk wrote:
pitrevie wrote:No it tends to be a lot more serious with threats against the president and we also know who encouraged the gun lobby in that direction.
Just one example but there are many more: http://www.irehr.org/tag/tea-party-thre ... nst-obama/
You reckon Trump has never faced death threats?
Perhaps so but that doesn't in any way excuse him from asking supporters of the 2nd amendment to deal with his political opponent or do you need that threat explained to you.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pitrevie wrote:or do you need that threat explained to you.
Folks, do not - repeat, DO NOT get personal with each other. When posting, stick to the issue itself, please.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

pitrevie wrote:Perhaps so but that doesn't in any way excuse him from asking supporters of the 2nd amendment to deal with his political opponent
Obviously his comment is regarded a being somewhat vague, otherwise he'd have been arrested for threatening the Prez.
Look to get it straight as I've said elsewhere, folk are rioting before Trump has even taken any action. The protests are against the result of a democratic election. Protests should come when he actually does something objectionable rather than on the basis of the shite he's been saying for the last year or so. I personally despise the Tory govt in the UK but they were elected by enough of a minority to get them a majority. Didn't go rioting just because I didn't get my own way.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:
pitrevie wrote:or do you need that threat explained to you.
Folks, do not - repeat, DO NOT get personal with each other. When posting, stick to the issue itself, please.
Ach, to be fair GB he's only pointing out how stupid I am. I won't argue with something I can't defend. Thing is, I actually love democratic elections because when I see the what other people vote for and who they believe in I often gives me hope that maybe I'm not as stupid as I thought.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:to be fair GB he's only pointing out how stupid I am.
Be that as it may, we'll all just have to try to survive without things like that being pointed out - about anyone. On this board nobody gets to do that, even if the target doesn't mind. My board rules and policies apply to all.

That being said, back to the topic . . .
pitrevie

Post by pitrevie »

Captain Kirk wrote:
pitrevie wrote:Perhaps so but that doesn't in any way excuse him from asking supporters of the 2nd amendment to deal with his political opponent
Obviously his comment is regarded a being somewhat vague, otherwise he'd have been arrested for threatening the Prez.
Look to get it straight as I've said elsewhere, folk are rioting before Trump has even taken any action. The protests are against the result of a democratic election. Protests should come when he actually does something objectionable rather than on the basis of the shite he's been saying for the last year or so. I personally despise the Tory govt in the UK but they were elected by enough of a minority to get them a majority. Didn't go rioting just because I didn't get my own way.
You are right it was sufficiently vague but I think well understood just like he now denies mocking a disabled reporter.

When Trump thought in 2012 that Romney had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college he unleashed a barrage of tweets.

• The phony electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!
• We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!
• This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!
• The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

These are taken directly from his tweets. Do you think he has now changed his position?

After Trump won, and Democrats attempted to challenge his victory in the key states of Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, Trump reversed his position on voter fraud. In a filing in the Michigan case, his campaign argued that “all available evidence suggests that the 2016 general election was not tainted by fraud or mistake.” Not sure anymore whether he thinks the 2016 election was tainted by fraud or not but perhaps only in those states Clinton won.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Captain Kirk wrote:
windwalker wrote:What makes you say that? Don't you believe that Americans have the right to protest, especially against a person the likes of Mr. Trump?
They're protesting against his election. That is democracy, someone wins, someone loses. Accept the decision is all I am saying. AFTER he has made his decisions IN office THEN is the time to protest.
And what is the point of this remark you made about me?

" and when he starts gassing Mexicans and Muslims you should go lend a hand. "

Is that supposed to be funny?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

windwalker wrote:And what is the point of this remark you made about me?

" and when he starts gassing Mexicans and Muslims you should go lend a hand. "
I'll let Captain Kirk respond to that if he wishes.

And that will also be the last time I'm going to tolerate having my board rules and policies ignored. I thought I made it clear in a post above: "Folks, do not - repeat, DO NOT get personal with each other. When posting, stick to the issue itself, please."

Any more such posts, expect the post to be deleted.

Those who wish to get personal, do it by PM.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

windwalker wrote:Is that supposed to be funny?
Simply stating the obvious. You compared Trump to Hitler. You were being ridiculous so I joined in.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

pitrevie wrote:When Trump thought in 2012 that Romney had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college he unleashed a barrage of tweets.

• The phony electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!
• We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!
• This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!
• The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

These are taken directly from his tweets. Do you think he has now changed his position?
What's this about? You trying to convince me he's a hypocrite? Let me save you all the typing - he's a wanker. My whole argument is to defend the democratic election process. Here in the UK I voted to remain in Europe but the country voted otherwise. I am now outraged that the losing side are trying to avert our departure. My side lost but I will absolutely defend the right of the winning side to have it their way. It's undemocratic and an ultimate insult to everyone who died in a world war that we give in to some scumbags who want to set fire to vehicles or smash up shops or attack other people because they lost.