Trump News Conference

Alex

Re: Trump News Conference

Post by Alex »

RichLB wrote:What more evidence do you need to not be alarmed that this man will soon assume the Presidency of the US?
I asked for credible proof with regard to specific accusations; I note that your response is that parts of the intelligence community take these accusations seriously. Okay, so I guess they haven't seen hard proof yet, let's wait if it will surface anytime soon?

Now you've expanded the subject by asking me what more evidence I need to be alarmed. Well, that's just funny, for I was already alarmed by the prospect of his presidency even before the election. That's why I voted for Hillary although I dislike her, remember? ;)

Being alarmed or not alarmed is not the question at hand, however. I'm also a realist. Trump got elected and I can see why. Not because of the Russians. I respect the outcome of the election and consider Trump the legitimate president. Until and unless he commits a serious crime in office, I want him to execute the office to the best of his ability.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Alex wrote:I want him to execute the office to the best of his ability.
That's exactly my concern. I worry that when executing the office to the best of his ability it will not be in the interests of the United States.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Undaunted wrote:
Gaybutton wrote: My hope is Congress will prevent some of Trump's more extreme policies from ever happening. Just because the Republicans have the majority, that doesn't mean they're going to be a rubber stamp for Trump.
This is where the fun will begin, I have always thought of him as an independent rather than a mainstream Republican, actually at a time he was a registered Democrat. Be that as it may, the Republican congress is in for many surprise.
Likely to be Trumps first battle with Republicans:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/15/us/p ... .html?_r=0
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Likely to be Trumps first battle with Republicans
Part of the article says, "In the interview, Mr. Trump provided no details about how his plan would work or what it would cost."

Why am I not surprised?