Trump News Conference

Alex

Re: Trump News Conference

Post by Alex »

I think it's very unlikely that the Republicans make a move to impeach Trump if he remains popular, because the fallout would be enormous. If he does something that ruins his popularity, on the other hand, I could see that happen. He's quite the teflon guy, so I'm not sure what he would have to do...

That story about the Russian prostitutes who showered him in love and warmth sounds bogus to me. After all the scandals he's weathered so far, that's simply not bad enough. Maybe the Russians have something else on him though, who knows.
a447

Post by a447 »

Expecting honesty and integrity from a real estate agent is a big ask.

He won't last one year, let alone four.
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Impeachment because of sexual dalliances? Not at all a likely cause.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In the entire history of the USA, the only presidents I know of who were impeached were Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. Neither was convicted and therefore not removed from office. Richard Nixon, of course, would have been impeached if he didn't resign and he probably would have been convicted. But since Nixon was never impeached, we'll never really know for sure what the result would have been.

Trump hasn't even taken office yet, and here we are already talking about impeachment. I don't like Trump at all, but my crystal ball tells me he will never be impeached. And if he is, my crystal ball tells me he will not be convicted and removed from office.

Maybe I need a new crystal ball . . .
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Not to be argumentative...but my prediction is a bit different.

I believe Trump will be facing impeachment hearings before he completes his first year in office. If not on grounds of conflict - then on grounds of treason.

The "Wall" he boasted about building will be financed with American tax dollars - not by the Mexican government - Obamacare will end up getting amended not abolished - Mexicans who entered the U.S. illegally will be permitted to stay - and Muslims will not be banned from entering the U.S. All of course contrary to what he told his supporters which got him the votes to put him in the White House.

Trumps Secretary of State and Secretary of Defense (heads of the two most important roles in the U.S. Government) will have their hands full to say the least just trying to keep the idiot from causing too much damage before the impeachment process begins. That's my bet anyway.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger wrote:Not to be argumentative...but my prediction is a bit different.

I believe Trump will be facing impeachment hearings before he completes his first year in office. If not on grounds of conflict - then on grounds of treason.
Highly unlikely as this is the criteria for treason in the U.S.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

Neither is a good option as either elevates Mike Pence to the presidency.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

One interesting senerio would be if it was proven that Trump colluded with the Russians in some fashion in an attempt to influence the election.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Dodger, none of what you've mentioned constitutes treason. Just broken campaign promises, if it comes to that. No big deal.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:Dodger, none of what you've mentioned constitutes treason.
Even if it did, as far as I can tell, a president can pardon anyone, including himself, for any crime at all. According to the Constitution the only exception to that is impeachment.

In other words, the only way Trump could forcibly be removed from office, once he is inaugurated, would be impeachment and conviction.
Alex

Post by Alex »

That's correct, that or death / incapacity.