Trump News Conference

Gaybutton

Re: Trump News Conference

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex wrote:That's correct, that or death / incapacity.
And then we would be stuck with Pence. I know it is an unfair comparison, so spare me the lecture, but I couldn't help my first thought as - given a choice, would you rather live under Hitler or Stalin?

In other words, either way it sux!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

A hard choice - Pence or Trump. As much as I abhor the ideology of Pence, I'd pick him over Trump any day. The thought of anyone with the psychological problems of Trump is more than frightening. As anyone with an ounce of objectivity knows, the man is a misogynist, sociopath, bigot, liar and mentally unstable. Pence, while horrible in his own right, is at least competent, has executive experience, and most probably not vulnerable to Russian blackmail or beholden to foreign conflicts of interest. I don't see Pence as likely to press the nuclear button as I do Trump in a fit of pique. I never thought I'd see the day when the Duck Dynasty crowd would rule our country.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

RichLB wrote: I never thought I'd see the day when the Duck Dynasty crowd would rule our country.
Ignoring the fact that the "Duck Dynasty Crowd" made up a large part of the American electorate helped Hillary lose the election.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Pence is a boring old fart, I'd choose Trump for his qualities as an entertainer alone. That's not the real issue at hand though. If the Republicans choose to impeach Trump to hand Pence the presidency, I would imagine that Trump's fans will revolt. Do THEY really like Pence? I don't think so.
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

So we don't forget...

It was the disenchanted, forgotten, hard working Democrats in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia who cast their ballots for Trump ...and therefore, Trump won the electoral votes of those Rust Belt, Blue Wall States...
Thank you for their votes....
It was and is about American's JOBS JOBS JOBS !

Tj
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

TJ, there's no debate Trump won the electoral college vote. But the issue is how and why. If those voters were lied to and manipulated, does anyone really believe Trump was "honestly" the people's choice. If some con man bilks a poor widow out of her inheritance, we don't just shrug our shoulders and say, "Well, she gave him the money." Similarly, if a candidate lies about his ties to an enemy state, falsely claims he has removed any financial conflicts of interest, and shrugs off his offensive behavior by claiming it's all "locker room" talk, I don't see how anyone but the most rigid true believers can support him.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

travelerjim wrote:So we don't forget...

It was the disenchanted, forgotten, hard working Democrats in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia who cast their ballots for Trump ...and therefore, Trump won the electoral votes of those Rust Belt, Blue Wall States...
Those who cast their ballots for Trump, either Republicans for Democrats were taken in by a con artist. Understandable that the less educated were conned, but no excuse of those who should know better.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

windwalker wrote:
travelerjim wrote:So we don't forget...

Those who cast their ballots for Trump, either Republicans for Democrats were taken in by a con artist. Understandable that the less educated were conned, but no excuse of those who should know better.
Patronising pish.
gojoi

Post by gojoi »

Give him a chance . He can not be worse than the last four presidents you have elected
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »