Could China achieve new goal?

readerc54

Could China achieve new goal?

Post by readerc54 »

Once it sets an objective at the highest level, China has the money and--above all--patience to succeed. Now it has its sights set on beating much of the rest of the world at their own game.

From the NY Times:

QINGYUAN, China — The 48 soccer fields of the vast Evergrande Football School in south China seem barely enough for its 2,800 students. Against a backdrop of school spires that seem modeled on Hogwarts, the young athletes swarm onto the fields nearly every day, kicking, dribbling and passing in the hope of soccer glory and riches.

“Soccer will be my career after I grow up,” Wang Kai, a gangly 13-year-old who has studied at the boarding school for over three years, said after a morning session under the supervision of a Spanish coach. “I want to be the Chinese Cristiano Ronaldo,” he said, referring to the Portuguese superstar.

Grooming the next Ronaldo or Messi has become a national project in China, where the country’s No. 1 fan, President Xi Jinping, is bent on transforming the country into a great soccer power.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/04/world ... nping.html
Captain Kirk

Re: Could China achieve new goal?

Post by Captain Kirk »

It will take a long time but certainly far from impossible.