Sorry but it's starting already

readerc54

Re: Sorry but it's starting already

Post by readerc54 »

Alex wrote:The ideal challenger would be a JFK or Bill Clinton type, but where to find him when you need him?
I agree that there are no candidates of this type on the horizon who could be considered ready for prime time for the top job in 2020. However, here's a guy who could--with a few breaks and a lot of luck--be a contender in 2024. He's currently a member of the House representing the sixth Massachusetts district. Meet Seth Moulton, former marine Corps infantry platoon commander with four tours in Iraq and recipient of the Navy Cross and other awards. Hand-picked by David Petraeus for a special assignment, he earned the reputation for walking the walk and not talking the talk.

OK, being from Massachusetts automatically makes him an eastern liberal but his unique pedigree should be enough to make a lot of disaffected dems forgive him for being a Harvard undergraduate (physics) and Harvard dual graduate degree holder in business and public administration.

But who know? He's only 38 and much can happen in four years. It's not impossible that he'd make an attractive VP contender. I'd keep him on the radar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Moulton
Alex

Post by Alex »

I agree, he does look like a good guy with lots of potential.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

".... She's too black in the sense that the country won't be ready for another black president anytime soon; it's an analysis - nothing to do with what I want....."

Whose analysis is that?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Up2u wrote:Whose analysis is that?
Mine, obviously, otherwise I would have added a link to the source. Feel free to disagree, but I don't think we will see another black president anytime soon.

We might get a female, Jewish president next, however. If The Donald turns out a huge success, his favorite (hahaha) daughter might well take over...
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Alex wrote:[We might get a female, Jewish president next, however. If The Donald turns out a huge success, his favorite (hahaha) daughter might well take over...
You might be right however, if Colin Powell was younger he would be a good choice and he was viewed as a man not a black man, as for a Jewish President Mike Bloomberg is nobody's fool.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Tad early for all this, no?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Captain Kirk wrote:Tad early for all this, no?
Good point. Until we know how much of a success or disaster The Donald will be, it's impossible to predict what it will take to beat him in 2020.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Jesus, we are just barely past this disastrous election and people are already talking about 4 years down the road. Time to get a life!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:Tad early for all this, no?
lvdkeyes wrote:we are just barely past this disastrous election and people are already talking about 4 years down the road.
Be that as it may, if that is what some of my board members wish to talk about, fine with me and I see no reason to try to stop them. People who are not interested or think it's too soon can simply ignore the topic.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I was referring to the politicians, not board members.