A small word might well have stopped Trump...?

Smiles

A small word might well have stopped Trump...?

Post by Smiles »

.... yeah I know, just a theory. (And yeah yeah. It's over now and the American citizens will now see, for four years, just how bad, and corrupt, and stupid Mr Trump can be while in office.)

Do yo remember the famous 30 second video back in late summer when Trump was shown stepping down from the steps of some bus he was running around on. He was accompanied by a somewhat younger man (who's name I forget, but basically just another boot-licker whom Trump seems to collect) and just out of the picture they were being approached by some kind of 'greeter' ... a women who certainly deserved better.
As we all know Trump alluded to the fact that if one is rich enough and famous enough one could do anything: such as letting him, Trump, " ... grab her by the pussy"... '

My theory on this one: If only Trump had used the word 'CUNT' instead of 'PUSSY' Hillary Clinton may well have eeked out a win.
And how is that you ask? If using the former word rather than the latter middle-of-the-road Republican women and men might well have finally had the last straw with the boorish and embarrassing Trump and would either have voted for Democrat, or more likely, stayed home.
And especially women ... the ones who chortled heartily at Donald's locker room humour with the word pussy, but could never forgive the use of the worst insult to women going, naming them as cunts.

One could say that in the video Trump also used the word 'fuck' and 'bitch' (both talking about young women) but those puppies are much more main stream these days and are also often seen in the same locker room.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Undaunted

Re: A small word might well have stopped Trump...?

Post by Undaunted »

For God's sake Smiles you are a Canadian why don't you take up knitting?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Undaunted wrote:For God's sake Smiles you are a Canadian why don't you take up knitting?
I tried once. My boyfriend of very-long-ago had a go at schooling me in crocheting.
American politics are far more fun. :shock:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Alex

Post by Alex »

That's about the silliest theory on what could have changed the outcome of the election I've seen so far. Do keep them coming though...
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Alex wrote:That's about the silliest theory on what could have changed the outcome of the election I've seen so far. Do keep them coming though...
Perhaps, but then, the election of this ghastly know-nothing to the presidency is even sillier ... and that's no theory, it's happened.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:the election of this ghastly know-nothing to the presidency is even sillier.
A thought can be added to that - does anyone think governments of other countries that will, one way or another, have to deal with Trump are just sitting around waiting to see what will happen? Much more likely is they're anticipating what will happen and are already working on how they're going to deal with it.

In any case, now we seem to be entering into a debate over something that didn't happen, without a way to know what would have happened if it had.