Consequences of Trump's Win

RichLB
Been liked: 48 times

#1 Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby RichLB » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:06 pm

I'm still in shock, but now that reality has set in, I'm wondering what we can anticipate. Sorting through his outlandish positions I wonder if he'll try to implement any of them, or was it just a con to get himself elected?

Will he really try to build that wall?

Will he really create a deportation squad to vacate illegal aliens - and if so how will he force other countries to accept them and what happens to their children if they were born in the US?

How about our trade agreements? Will he either void them or attempt to renegotiate them?

Shall we assume Marriage Equality will be rescinded? Is that possible with a new Supreme Court and what happens to those already married?

And how about Roe vs. Wade? Will he follow through to re-criminalize abortion?

And let's not forget his plan to distribute nuclear weapons to Japan, South Korea, and even Saudi Arabia. Will that happen?

NATO? Has his election spelled the end of NATO?

How long, if ever, do you think it will take the DOW and/or the exchange rate to recover to pre-Trump levels?

Can the US now anticipate a period of socially supported racism and violence?

And, so many other concerns and questions... I'm curious what users here think. I truly feel saddened for my country.

Gaybutton
Site Admin
Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 212 times

#2 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby Gaybutton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Trump also advocates rescinding normalizing relations with Cuba unless Raul Castro extends more freedoms to his people, and that seems unlikely.

Also, what will happen to Social Security under Trump?

How would you like to be someone Islamic in the USA this morning?

Obviously I'm shocked and disappointed in the outcome, but like it or not, Trump is going to be President, possibly for the next 8 years. We'll just have to wait and see what happens and live with it.

Oh well, now that Trump will be President, let's hope he'll be a good one - for all of us.

If nothing else, at least Alec Baldwin will get to keep his job with Saturday Night Live . . .

Smiles
Liked: 20 times
Been liked: 57 times

#3 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby Smiles » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:55 pm

For myself, the first consequence will be well noticed by my stock portfolio. Hold my nose and watch carefully!
The Dow Futures bottomed out at 800 points down immediately after the win announcement. That's huge, but I just checked it again (about 4 hours later) and it has recovered to just 300 down.
The markets will be in a frenzied tizzy for awhile I think. Who knows long term.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Trongpai
Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 41 times

#4 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby Trongpai » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:04 pm

artic55
Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 2 times

#5 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby artic55 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 pm

Congratulations America, you got what you deserved.....keep in mind that the Germans elected Adolf Hitler to power and we all know how that went!! Russians elected Putin resulting in economical and political turmoil, the Brits decided they would be better off alone resulting in almost 20% devaluation of their currency......!!

Where is this world heading????

Daniel
Liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times

#6 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby Daniel » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:19 pm

During his campaign, he pledged to cut the corporate tax rate to 15 percent, at an estimated cost of 9 trillion dollars. This, he claims, will create enough growth, and therefore new tax revenue, to both cover the 9 trillion lost dollars and rebuild US highways, bridges, airports, tunnels, hospitals and schools. There will, of course, be money left over to fix the inner cities and take care of the veterans. I just hope Trump realises that he can’t use a ‘Chapter 11 reorganisation’ if he’s costed it incorrectly. I wish him the best of luck, because he’s going to need it.

readerc54
Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 68 times

#7 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby readerc54 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:34 pm

First consequence: many of us here will feast on Butterball crow.
Second: most of us will acknowledge we drank the Cool Aid the pollsters offered.
Third: Elizabeth Warren's stock took a hit as much as Hillary's did. Her vow that "nasty women" vote proved true but they did do just about equally. The only difference being that she still has a job.
Fourth: Political pundits won't seem so smart and witty as they did.
Five: the consequences of having control of the legislative and executive branches will "unshackle" President Trump (his word).
Six: the chance that a woman will lead the US is indefinitely postponed.
Seven: political junkies like me will find a new hobby

Undaunted
Liked: 7 times
Been liked: 125 times

#8 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby Undaunted » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

1. Complete energy independance.
2. No immigration from North Africa, Middle east, Afganistan or Pakistan
3. Normalization of relations with Russia
4. New dealings with N.Korea
5. Nationwide infrastructure projects = jobs
6. Changes in the tax code

Consequences I don't expect:
1. A wall being built
2. Any change in equal marriage status
3. Any change in "a woman's right to choose"
4. Any nuclear weapons given to another country

readerc54
Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 68 times

#9 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby readerc54 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 pm

"Nationwide infrastructure projects = jobs"
------
If Trump is smart (that's now a given) he'll open his first hundred days with a vast infrastructure initiative. Both parties want it as do underemployed Americans.

I take this opportunity to predict yet three additional outcomes of the Trump presidency: beer sales will increase while wine sales decline; white collar guys will trade their white button-downs for blue chambray; moms will again encourage their kids to play hockey.

Rin
Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

#10 Re: Consequences of Trump's Win

Postby Rin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:10 pm

California as well as several other states legalized marijuana recreational use. I guess a lot of self medication can take place to try to escape the Trump presidency.

Return to “Everything Else”