First Clinton-Trump debate - Your opinions

Gaybutton

Re: First Clinton-Trump debate - Your opinions

Post by Gaybutton »

artic55 wrote:What strikes and worries me is the ignorance and plain stupidity of a large portion of US voters who support Trump.
That's the part that still has me worried too.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I have watched the debate three times and each time am amazed at Trump's answers and how easily took Hillary's bait. He started strong but could not stay on message and let his ego do the talking, clearly a win for Clinton. The town hall style debate on CNN will be a challenge for both.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I'm pleased she pressed him on his tax returns. I really want to see them, very very badly.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I take a keen interest in UK politics and understand very little about U.S. politics. However, I watched the entire Presidential debate and found it very interesting. Based entirely on that debate, I would vote for Hillary Clinton.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Has anyone seen any post debate polls - both the national and swing state numbers? If so, I'd sure like to see them.
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

As we all know by now Mr Trump has been sniffling lately ... and doing it quite noticeably during the debate.
Howard Dean (god bless him) is now ruminating whether Trump is doing lines! :lol:
What's new for the next debate?: a urine test!

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-p ... er-n655216
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Jogger

Post by Jogger »

I watched the debate. For the first 20 minutes or so Trump seemed to be winning, but he lost the plot, took the bait, and showed a lot of his true self.
I thought Clinton was the clear winner.
Trump seemed ill prepared...
But then the likes of Fox News spinning that Trump was the winner; and various popular polls suggesting he did win.
One political commentator made the point that it is very possible a lunatic will get into the white house and the reason for that is those who vote for him are equally crazy...
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jogger wrote:One political commentator made the point that it is very possible a lunatic will get into the white house and the reason for that is those who vote for him are equally crazy..
Well, according to all of the polls produced over the past 6 months, the overwhelming majority of college educated people are anti-Trump. What does that tell you?

The polls also tell us that 20% of Americans form his base. Well, that seems about right, because 20% of the nations population are prejudiced red necks. I don't mean to offend any Trump supporters by saying that, it's just a statement of fact.

It's a miracle that our government was able to make any progress at all in the last 8 years, having the same caliber of people stone-walling any efforts for progress in the Republican controlled U.S. Congress. They (the Republicans) are getting exactly what they deserve...Donald Trump.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote:They (the Republicans) are getting exactly what they deserve...Donald Trump.
I just hope the rest of us don't wind up with the same thing. Trump supporters are my idea of fanatics. Despite Clinton clearly prevailing over Trump in the first debate, everything I'm seeing from Trump supporters have them saying Trump won the debate.

While polling today is certainly much more sophisticated and reliable than it was in 1948, the whole country assumed Thomas Dewey would not only win over Harry Truman, but would win by a landslide. Now most predictions I see are still that Hillary Clinton will win, and that's my hope, but I still can't help having one fear about the election outcome:

artic55

Post by artic55 »

I just love to watch Last Week Tonight with John Oliver............

And you guys are going to vote for this????????