Trump Supporters

thaiworthy

Re: Trump Supporters

Post by thaiworthy »

For telling jokes, Donald's mic seems to work just fine. The comparison of himself to Jesus Christ, having worked as a carpenter was either poorly timed or just plain poor taste. Hillary's speech was predictable, and the efforts at humor were brief and more sophisticated IMHO. I think the clear winner will be the American people, if it goes the way I think it will go. Good speech joke writers must be few and hard-to-find but it takes a professional comedian and a good delivery to an audience to make jokes work. Not a bad effort overall, but as Hillary said, this election will be over very, very quickly.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:it takes a professional comedian and a good delivery to an audience to make jokes work.
Then Trump qualifies as a comedian. All you have to do is listen to any of his speeches.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I used to think T Rump was funny, now I think he is dangerous. He is stirring up hatred with his rhetoric.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Hillary won the Al Smith dress like a true tosser Dinner comfortably. Trump was dreadful.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:Trump was dreadful.
"Of course, dear. What did you expect?"
- Gladys Cooper (Mrs. Higgins), 'My Fair Lady'
Doug

Post by Doug »

This is clever.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Top LGBT Republican group declines to endorse Trump

by Eugene Scott, CNN

October 22, 2016

Washington (CNN)The Log Cabin Republicans, one of the country's most influential LGBT Republican groups, announced Saturday that it would not back the party's presidential nominee, Donald Trump.

The group, while praising Trump as "perhaps the most pro-LGBT presidential nominee in the history of the Republican Party," said it had objections to views held by some of Trump's advisers and his support for a bill that would protect people who disagree with same-sex marriage from federal penalties.

"Log Cabin Republicans have long emphasized that we are not a single-issue organization, nor are our members single-issue voters," the group said in a press release. It added that it will instead focus on down-ballot races to preserve Republican majorities in Congress.

Trump has occasionally mentioned LGBT Americans as a presidential candidate, most notably in the aftermath of the attack on a gay Orlando nightclub in June and his acceptance speech at the Republican convention in July. In that speech, The Washington Blade noted, he became the first GOP nominee to positively mention LGBT rights in that setting.

"As Mr. Trump spoke positively about the LGBT community in the United States, he concurrently surrounded himself with senior advisers with a record of opposing LGBT equality, and committed himself to supporting legislation such as the so-called 'First Amendment Defense Act' that Log Cabin Republicans opposes," Log Cabin Republicans said.

A message left with Trump's campaign seeking response was not immediately returned.

Trump's running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, has been criticized for his support of a law that would have allowed businesses to turn away gay and lesbian customers in the name of religious freedom.

The group criticized the Republican Party in July for not backing a pro-LGBT platform.

"There's no way to sugar-coat this: I'm mad as hell -- and I know you are, too," Gregory Angelo, president of the Log Cabin Republicans, said in a fundraising email at the time. "Moments ago, the Republican Party passed the most anti-LGBT Platform in the party's 162-year history."

The platform expressed opposition to same-sex marriage, a lack of support for allowing transgender people to use the restrooms of their choice and support for conversion therapy, Angelo said.

The group, however, left open the possibility Saturday that it could eventually support Trump.

"Should Mr. Trump become our nation's next President, Log Cabin Republicans welcomes the opportunity to work with his administration to ensure the advances in LGBT freedom we have fought for and secured will continue," the press release said. "Until and unless that happens, our trust would be misplaced."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/22/polit ... index.html

See also:
http://www.logcabin.org
-and-
http://www.logcabin.org/pressrelease/lo ... -decision/
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

But they still support the GOP who got T Rump to the place he is now, so aren't they being hypocritical?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:aren't they being hypocritical?
"Of course, dear. What did you expect?"
- Gladys Cooper (Mrs. Higgins), 'My Fair Lady'
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

The 4th (and unfortunately last) delicious SNL satire on the debates. Thank christ for the quite terrific Alec Baldwin.

ASIDE: (once again ~ with 's' left out ~ I cannot get the YouTube button to work. Am I the only one? Even more strange, it's not a 100% thing. Sometimes it works with no problem.)

Note from GB:

I fixed your post so that now it works.

It didn't work when you posted it because you used a URL format that doesn't work with this board software.

The only format that can work is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3VSoMplRDw

That's how I got your video to work. I used that URL and surrounded it with the YouTube icon.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )