Trump Supporters

RichLB

Trump Supporters

Post by RichLB »

I know I may be shouting into an empty hole, but I'd really like to hear from some supporters of Donald Trump. I'm curious what he is FOR anyone actually supports. I'm fully aware of everything he is against, but what does he propose to do to fix the problems he believes plague America. I don't want this thread to become a bash Clinton or even a bash Trump diatribe. I'd sincerely like to know if anyone actually knows and supports any Trump plans.
DragonMaster

Re: Trump Supporters

Post by DragonMaster »

Why don't you start by reading his positions posted on his website under issues if you're that interested.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I think the most important questions about both Trump and Clinton are specifics. As far as I know, so far they have both been saying what they want to do, but not much is said about how they're going to do it.

One of Trumps plans is to defeat and rid the world of ISIS. That would be great, but I'm waiting for him to say how he intends to do it.

Regarding Trump, I'm in favor of his plan to build a wall - under one condition: Once it's built, put him on the other side and keep him out . . .
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

DragonMaster wrote:Why don't you start by reading his positions posted on his website under issues if you're that interested.
I assume from what you've written that you either have not been to his website yourself or have not understood my question. Trump has been quite clear about the myriad of things he dislikes about America (most of which are untrue) and facile with making claims he is "the only one who can fix" these problems. What he has neglected to say is HOW he intends to do that. Surely Trump supporters must have some idea of what steps beyond "making America great again" he intends to take. Other than building a mega trillion dollar wall along the southern border and banning Muslims from entering the country I confess to not knowing what his plans are. Does anyone?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:What he has neglected to say is HOW he intends to do that.
I am definitely going to vote for Hillary (if I ever actually receive an absentee ballot. I've sent in requests for absentee ballots for two years and have yet to receive anything or even hear from them), but fair is fair. If Hillary has been any more specific than Trump about how she intends to accomplish most of her campaign promises, I've missed it.

As far as I can tell, both Hillary and Trump have said what they want to do, but neither has specifically outlined the how part so that it's crystal clear to me. Of course, that's what most politicians do anyway. They're happy to tell where they stand on issues (that's when they're not standing on both sides of issues), happy to tell what they want to do, and happy to tell they have a plan. I'm waiting to hear what those plans are and exactly how they intend to implement them.

The way USA politics seem to work these days, it won't even matter which one wins unless they also win a clear majority in both the House and Senate. Without that, there won't be much either one of them can do to implement very many of their proposals. The Republicans have stonewalled Obama as much as they could since the day he first took office. If whoever wins the election doesn't also have a clear majority, I believe the same thing will happen and we can all look forward to another 4, perhaps 8, years of gridlock.

To my mind, the last president the USA had who really knew how to get what he wanted most of the time, despite so much opposition, was Lyndon Johnson.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

You don't think President Obama has known what he wants and how to get it?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

:|
lvdkeyes wrote:You don't think President Obama has known what he wants and how to get it?
Where did I say anything to indicate I thought Obama didn't know what he wants? Of course he knew what he wants. But how to get it? Nowhere near as well as Johnson knew.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

In my view Obama's presidency has been one of the most productive in my lifetime - inspite of a recalcitern Congress that has done everything possible to block him. For a list of Obama's accomplishments go to:
http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I think some of you are misinterpreting what I'm trying to say. I never said Obama didn't know what he wants and I never said he didn't accomplish anything and I never said I didn't think he has been a good president. None of those are my point. My point was I think Johnson was much better at persuasion and dealing with opposition than Obama or any other president since Johnson.

Regarding the current presidential candidates, don't just tell us what you want. Don't just tell us what you intend to do. Don't just tell us you have a plan. Don't be the usual types of candidates that make empty campaign promises. Tell us HOW - in detail.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote:I think some of you are misinterpreting what I'm trying to say. I never said Obama didn't know what he wants and I never said he didn't accomplish anything. Neither of those are my point. My point was I think Johnson was much better at persuasion and dealing with opposition than Obama or any other president since Johnson.
True, Johnson was a good old boy wheeler and dealer as a Senator but President Johnson benefited from both a Democratic House and Senate. The 89th Congress passed much progressive legislation which benefited all Americans. Unfortunately Johnson's foreign policy legacy is tarnished by the Vietnam War. Obama is and has been stymied by a House full of Tea Party Republicans.