travelerjim

Re: Trump Supporters

Post by travelerjim »

Remember the pundits & Brexit
Just saying...

It ain't over until November 8th...
Have fun in the meantime...
Giggles and sort...

BTW...I happen to have two grandchildren...ages 8 & 14....
and am seriously concerned about the quality of American life they will endure...
as we have saddled them with an enormous national debt ...
which has grown from 8 Trillion TO NEARLY 20 TRILLION $$$ under President Obama's watch.

There are plenty of reasons and blame all around...Blame it on Bush...Blame it on free-spending Obama & Company.
But NO one wants to solve the impending financial crisis ahead for the USA.
It's coming & will not be pretty scene all around the world.

Just my two depreciating US cents...
which will certainly be pissed on by many of those posting here...
Have at it....I shall not respond...the die is cast in this posting topic.

Wishing you ALL good luck, good health and good fortune...
Much happiness to you...while it lasts...
In the Land of Smiles.

Tj
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

travelerjim wrote:national debt ...
which has grown from 8 Trillion TO NEARLY 20 TRILLION $$$ under President Obama's watch.
Then this site might interest you: http://www.usdebtclock.org

Where do you think the national debt would be four years from now under Trump? Under Clinton?

You also shouldn't worry about what people will post in response to your post and you shouldn't be afraid to respond. Don't you already know I won't permit any board members, including you, to be subjected to personal attacks? Don't you already know any such posts would be deleted and whoever posts personal attacks would find themselves immediately kicked off this board?

Actually, as far as I can tell, so far you're the only one who responded to the OP, who wrote, "I'd really like to hear from some supporters of Donald Trump." That means you're the only one, including me, who remained on topic.

Everyone's opinion about the election, the candidates, and the current Obama administration is welcome here. And when those opinions clash, that makes the topic much more fun. Obviously most posting on this topic so far are pro Clinton and anti Trump. I'd like to see Trump supporters posting here too.

And don't forget to post if you wish the REAL hero was running for president . . .

windwalker

Post by windwalker »

travelerjim wrote:
BTW...I happen to have two grandchildren...ages 8 & 14....
and am seriously concerned about the quality of American life they will endure...
as we have saddled them with an enormous national debt ...
Tj
Lots of confusion over the national debt and the deficit, etc. Each succeeding President inherits the debt left by the past President. Thus President Obama started his term with a debt of 10.7 trillion from Mr. Bush and added unto that. Here is a link to a primer on Debt and Deficit.

http://hubpages.com/politics/What-is-th ... he-Deficit
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Who increased the debt?

Ronald Reagan:
Took office January 1981. Total debt: $848 billion
Left office January 1989. Total debt: $2,698 billion
Percent change in total debt: +218%

George H.W. Bush:
Took office January 1989. Total debt: $2,698 billion
Left office 20 January 1993. Total debt: $4,188 billion
Percent change in total debt: +55%

Bill Clinton:
Took office 20 January 1993. Total debt: $4,188 billion
Left office 20 January 2001. Total debt: $5,728 billion
Percent change in total debt: +37%

George W. Bush:
Took office 20 January 2001. Total debt: $5,728 billion
Left office 20 January 2009. Total debt: $10,627 billion
Percent change in total debt: +86%

Barack Obama:
Took office 20 January 2009. Total debt: $10,627 billion
Total debt (as of the end of April 2011): $14,288 billion
Percent change in total debt: +34%

http://www.snopes.com/politics/politici ... aldebt.asp
travelerjim wrote: . . . as we have saddled them with an enormous national debt ...
Let's put this picture in the proper perspective, shall we? Looks to me like the three Republican presidents contributed much more to the national debt than the two Democratic presidents over the last 35 years. And we want to put another Republican into office? Really?

How can Obama be held accountable just because he is the current President? I'll tell you how. Because debt is typically a major campaign issue in elections from the municipal level all the way up to the office of the President of the United States.
lukylok

Post by lukylok »

If you try to look at who owns the debt, - not the USAers -, you will have an idea of the freedom of movement of the next governements....
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

$20 trillion man: National debt nearly doubles during Obama presidency
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... national-/

Debt Under Obama Up $8,000,000,000,000
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ter ... 0000000000

Total U.S. Debt Surpasses $19 Trillion; Rises $8.4 Trillion Under President Obama
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-0 ... dent-obama

Two months ago, when we calculated that the US would need a new "debt ceiling" of $19.6 trillion to last until after Obama's tenure, we may have been too optimistic: since the increase in the hard debt limit of $18.15 trillion which was raised at the end of October, the US appears to be growing its debt at a far faster pace than we had originally expected, and according to the latest public debt data, as of the last day of January, total US debt just hit 19,012,827,698,417.93.

This means that if the nominal US GDP as of December 31 which was $18.12 trillion grows at the 1.2% rate expected by the Atlanta Fed, total debt to GDP is now on pace to hit 105% at the next GDP tabulation, and rising fast from there.

It also means that since his inauguration in January 2009, the US debt has now risen by a whopping 78.9%, or $8.4 trillion. It was $10.6 trillion when Obama came into office.

Indicatively, the Congressional Budget Office forecasts that the national debt will hit $22.6 trillion by 2020 and will rise to $29.3 trillion by 2026.

National Debt
http://www.concordcoalition.org/issue-p ... ional-debt

Interest Costs Are Projected to Skyrocket
http://www.concordcoalition.org/issues/ ... -skyrocket

Washington Budget Report
http://www.concordcoalition.org/publica ... tes?tid=39

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a serious problem which no one wants to tackle...Our National Debt !!!

Tj
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

RichLB wrote:I know I may be shouting into an empty hole, but I'd really like to hear from some supporters of Donald Trump. I'm curious what he is FOR anyone actually supports. I'm fully aware of everything he is against, but what does he propose to do to fix the problems he believes plague America. I don't want this thread to become a bash Clinton or even a bash Trump diatribe. I'd sincerely like to know if anyone actually knows and supports any Trump plans.
Gaybutton wrote:Actually, as far as I can tell, so far you're the only one who responded to the OP, who wrote, "I'd really like to hear from some supporters of Donald Trump." That means you're the only one, including me, who remained on topic.
travelerjim wrote:It's a serious problem which no one wants to tackle...Our National Debt !!!
As near as I can see, all is still off-topic. While one may infer that anti-Obama sentiments could mean Republican support, that is supposition. There are, in fact, many Republicans who don't support Donald Trump. Attacks upon the President do not equate to Trump support. The OP's question has yet to be addressed. Still haven't read a word in support of Trump, just Obama-bashing.

RichLB may be right about shouting into an empty hole.

I will re-submit the question in case anyone missed it. What does Trump propose to do to about this serious problem?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

pitrevie

Post by pitrevie »

Whenever someone mentions the debt under Obama I always recall this video and I get a good laugh.

Smiles

Trump's Second Amendment-ees ...

Post by Smiles »

Yesterday Donald Trump essentially gave his rabid dogs a new bone to chew on ... i.e. The 2nd Amendment Solution: it might not be a bad idea to pick up their guns and "take care of things" if he, The Donald, loses the November election. Yes, the rigged one.
Dudes like TravelerJim should really pay attention to something other, more important, than the national debt. Like for instance, the very life of the Republic and it's Constitution.

Two YouTube contributions from The Young Turks tell the tale: It's time for the Republican Party to throw this utter fool under the bus.

Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )