UFO Poll -

i believe in...

1. Craft of unknown origin exist.
22%
2. A space craft crashed at Roswell.
13%
3. The military or other agency is in possession of one or more UFOs.
9%
4, Alien abductions have occurred.
3%
5. The Men in Black exist.
3%
6. There are aliens either dead or alive at Area 51, Area 52 or some other installation.
9%
7. Scientists are backward engineering alien technology.
13%
8. I have an open mind about any or all of these things, but highly skeptical.
16%
9. Anyone who believes any of these things is nuts.
13%

Total votes: 32

Bob

Re: UFO Poll -

Post by Bob »

windwalker wrote: I have the same argument with a good friend who also believes in UFOs, USOs (submerged), Big Foot and all the other nonsense that is presented on TV as fact by so called experts. I claim he wants to believe and that is why he believes but he denies that. Says I don't have an open mind and unwilling to accept scientific facts. By education I am a physicist. Go figure.
But I protest! Although I have little training in physics, I saw a television program and, of course, it contains indisputable scientific facts (they must be because the program presented them as undisputed facts!). Well, the programs wasn't exactly Sixty Minutes or your run-of-the-mill news or Discovery Program, but it was shown on real television and that provides some credibility, doesn't it? And even though there is no credible segment in the scientific community which buys into the conclusions presented by the television show producters (or to the conclusions of the editors of the National Enquirer), I don't see that as a problem, do you?

[Hopefully understood as tongue-in-cheek]
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Hmmmm, maybe you are right Bob, after all, if it is shown on TV then it must be factual. Now that I think about it, maybe all those miracle cures by TV preachers are the real thing? What is a fact is the great pyramids of Egypt were built by alien space explorers.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

windwalker wrote: I am a physicist. Go figure.
Well, I'm not exactly anti-science either. My undergraduate degree was in nuclear engineering.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Bob wrote:Although I have little training in physics, I saw a television program and, of course, it contains indisputable scientific facts (they must be because the program presented them as undisputed facts!). Well, the programs wasn't exactly Sixty Minutes or your run-of-the-mill news or Discovery Program, but it was shown on real television and that provides some credibility, doesn't it?
(Humor appreciated) UFO Hunters is shown on the History Channel - an outlet not known for hysterical programing.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

RichLB wrote:[
(Humor appreciated) UFO Hunters is shown on the History Channel - an outlet not known for hysterical programing.
What about a little humor?
Khortose

Post by Khortose »

windwalker wrote:
RichLB wrote:[
What about a little humor?
Windwalker, thanks for the photo on why they are here. All this time I only thought they came to make crop circles and mutilate our cattle. Don't you remember that great movie "signs" where-in we were able to destroy this space traveling group with plain water. Ever since this movie, besides keeping plenty of water around my house, I have always wondered why they never got around to inventing a raincoat, and now I finally know why. They were just too stoned. Thanks for helping me solve this perplexing question.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

That's the first alien katoey I've ever seen . . .
Bob

Post by Bob »

Gaybutton wrote:That's the first alien katoey I've ever seen . . .
Really? Heck, I thought many of the screeching katoeys along Beach Road were aliens in the first place. I've always stayed away from them as I want to retain my wallet and I'm also not all that keen on anal probes. :mrgreen:
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:That's the first alien katoey I've ever seen . . .
Would you like to add this as an option to the fem/masc poll?