Anyone Come Across Love Bones Before?

fountainhall

Anyone Come Across Love Bones Before?

Post by fountainhall »

Getting some bread in the Dusit Thani Hotel's delicatessen this afternoon, I spotted these new cakes on offer. Love Bones is a new one to me and it conjures up various suggestive meanings. Has anyone come across such a cake before?
Love_Bones.jpg
thaiworthy

Re: Anyone Come Across Love Bones Before?

Post by thaiworthy »

fountainhall wrote:Getting some bread in the Dusit Thani Hotel's delicatessen this afternoon, I spotted these new cakes on offer. Love Bones is a new one to me and it conjures up various suggestive meanings. Has anyone come across such a cake before?
Did you try them? What's that layered in between? Looks more like a hero than a cake. Those buns look almost as succulent as the ones in Jun's avatar. Yum-yum.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

That creamy substance inside was tempting, but I gave them a pass this time. If I ever succumb to the temptation, I'll let you know what they're like.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

They look similar to an eclair, not chocolate, of course.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I think I've seen something similar in the bakery section of Carrefour.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

lvdkeyes wrote:They look similar to an eclair, not chocolate, of course.
Eclair sounded right to me, too, until I realized it's more of a bread bun and not a pastry. I wonder if that was a frosting, a whipped cream-type or a cheese-type filling piped into the middle of it. What color was the filling?

It does look good and messy... but then so are other types of Love Bones, if you'll pardon the observation. ;)
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I finally was back at the Dusit Thani and purchased one of their Love Bones. As lvdkeyes suggested, it is exactly like an open-sided eclair. Same puff pastry. The frosting on the top is carmelised sugar and the filling is some kind of flavoured whipped cream. But what that flavour is, I haven't the faintest idea! It is so delicate, it registers nothing on my palette! I'd much rather have a good old chocolate eclair any day.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The caramel topping would be good for me to make as my bf and a couple of my friends don't care for chocolate. I'd make a classic pastry cream for the filling.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

lvdkeyes wrote:The caramel topping would be good for me to make as my bf and a couple of my friends don't care for chocolate. I'd make a classic pastry cream for the filling.
I would love to see pictures of your kitchen where you make all this magic happen! You're like the Betty Crocker of Pattaya. Can I lick your spoon? :)
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

More like Martha Stewart. LOL My kitchen is not very large, but it does have a cook top, oven, microwave, dishwasher and large fridge and freezer. BTW, my bf is the only one who licks my spoon. :lol: