UFOs

Gaybutton

Re: UFOs

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:unexplained.
Well, good for you too. I think you may have finally caught on. UNexplained. If Et's great grandfather helped those people build the structures and if that idea was generally accepted, along with irrefutable proof, now it would be explained. As far as I can tell, the only people accepting aliens as the explanation are crackpots who may or may not have actually gone to these places and personally seen these things, and have convinced themselves that it must be aliens based solely on their concept of "What else can it be?" I don't know what else it can be. Neither does anyone else. That's why it's UNexplained.

I think von Danekin has great motivation for his continuous insistence that aliens were here. Just look at his bank account. If nothing else, he sold a lot of books and has made quite a lucrative career out of it for himself.

Oh well, you, Bob, Windwalker, and I are still on this thread. Is anyone else still reading it? If not, they're missing the continuing episode of RichLB's Twilight Zone . . .
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

GB, haven't you changed horses? Previously you were taking the position that all the listed phenomena could easily be explained. Now it appears you are accepting that conventional explanations don't exist. in which case, we agree.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:GB, haven't you changed horses? Previously you were taking the position that all the listed phenomena could easily be explained.
I have never said any such thing. I have said, time and time again, the things that can't be explained do not mean that it had to be aliens. I don't think you're reading my posts. I think aliens are, and then they translate to you - apparently about as good a translation job as Google Translate does.

RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:
RichLB wrote:GB, haven't you changed horses? Previously you were taking the position that all the listed phenomena could easily be explained.
I have never said any such thing. I have said, time and time again, the things that can't be explained do not mean that it had to be aliens. I don't think you're reading my posts.
Hmm, I actually have read your posts and, silly me, thought you meant what you wrote when you said, "And yes, of course there are other explanations." (Friday November 5) and on the day before, "There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained" (Thursday November 4).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:silly me, thought you meant what you wrote when you said, "And yes, of course there are other explanations." (Friday November 5) and on the day before, "There is absolutely nothing that can't be explained" (Thursday November 4).
It is 'silly you' because I meant exactly what I wrote. That's not all I wrote. I also wrote that nobody knows what the explanations are. and the people who insist upon aliens don't know the explanations any more than I do. Taking what I said out of context or twisting the meaning of what I said does not enhance your case. Meanwhile, Leedskalnin's abilities are very good evidence that these things are possible without aliens being involved. Do you dispute that too?
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Gaybutton wrote:Meanwhile, Leedskalnin's abilities are very good evidence that these things are possible without aliens being involved. Do you dispute that too?
Well, I don't dispute that he did what has been claimed. Happily it occurred during modern times with many witnesses and the evidence is still there. It seems likely to me he stumbled across whatever means the ancients used to move their huge stones, but that does not eliminate the source of the ancient knowledge.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote:that does not eliminate the source of the ancient knowledge.
Are you telling me you believe Leedskalnin somehow came across some ancient scrolls on which instructions were written - instructions he could decipher, interpret, and understand - about how to do these things, and those instructions came from aliens? Leedskalnin came from Latvia. I didn't know the aliens dropped by Riga and left their instructions for someone to find thousands of years later and then turn out to be some kind of a nut who decides to go to Florida, build Coral Castle for his "Sweet Sixteen" and refuse to share his knowledge with anyone else. How could I have failed to realize that?

I think I've got it. One of the aliens died in Egypt and thousands of years later he, she, or it was reincarnated in Latvia either as Leedskalnin or someone who taught him. Yes . . . alien reincarnation. That would certainly explain it. I'm annoyed with myself for not having followed the obvious logic of that.
Bob

Post by Bob »

RichLB wrote:....are unexplained.
I must be in the twilight zone or something. Nobody has suggested that there aren't unexplained phenomena....heck, I've said that myself probably starting on page 1 of this silly thread. But I've also said, more than once (sorry for the repetition, guys) that just because something is unexplained ought to provide no license to anyone to suggest "answers" that are neither based on facts nor supported by any credible segment of the scientific community.

Somebody ought to be merciful and shoot this thread.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:Somebody ought to be merciful and shoot this thread.
I tried, but the aliens got in the way and intercepted the bullet. They move fast!

Look at the bright side. We've been on this thread since the beginning. How would you like to be someone new to this thread, trying to wade through it? They probably think we're all nuts.

By the way, I don't know how magician David Copperfield made the Statue of Liberty disappear. I can't explain it. But I'm not in denial about him. I think he is actually an alien . . .

If the human race somehow manages to survive another several thousand years, I wonder if anyone is going to think aliens were here helping us. Right now, I wish a few aliens would help with the exchange rates.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

RichLB wrote:Windwalker, you're right I'm having fun with the thread and glad you are, too. I've got to admit, though, I'm amused that those who reject this off the wall theory keep insisting that the anomalies "can be explained by the actions of humans" but never provide those explanations. Since you, and others, are so convinced those explanations exist I don't see any reason not to provide them. The continued refusal suggests that naysayers may not, in fact, be able to do so and are merely accepting prevailing wisdom as an act of faith.
If anyone really wants to know the explanations (other than alien intervention) of certain anomalies all they have to do is on-line research for the answers. Also there are sites which de-bunk and refute many of the claims of the "alienists".

However, regarding moving heavy stones, I have found an ancient photograph of a group of aliens using an anti-gravity device coupled with a propulsion system to move monoliths. Hope you are convinced.