What happened to North Korea?

Gaybutton

Re: What happened to North Korea?

Post by Gaybutton »

a447 wrote:and so will Kim himself be.
If that happens, let's hope yet another scum won't be his replacement.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Trump's latest tweet shows just how much - oops, how little! - the pea-brain knows about North Korea. This emerged a few hours ago-
I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing. Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!
Last time I heard there were precious few cars in the North! Long gas lines? Fake news!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

North Korea's Foreign Minister is scheduled to address the UN General Assembly, Friday this week. It will be interesting to see what he will say.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

As has been said before, the examples of the US attitude to those who have given up nuclear weapons is hardly much inspiration to Kim. Libya? Gaddafi dead and his country in a shambles. Iran? Trump has threatened to tear up the nuclear deal signed by six countries, although how he can do that unilaterally when China, Russia, Britain, Germany and France also signed that deal, I totally fail to understand. The bluffer Saddam Hussein? Dead, and not only his country but an entire region in the worst shambles since most of those countries were founded.

On the other hand both India and Pakistan have them. Despite all its huffing and puffing, the US failed to stop them.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

As much as it pains me to say this...I think Trumps words were well suited for the reality of the situation.

The entire free world is getting tired of watching the tail wagging the dog and "straight talk" is just what the doctor ordered. Dubbing Kim as "Rocket Man" was also a brilliant psychological maneuver. I just have to give credit where credit is due.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

After Trump's UN speech, Kim Jong-un appeared personally on North Korean television to respond.

Full Text of Kim Jong-un’s Response to Trump
Kim Jong-un wrote:The speech made by the U.S. president in his maiden address on the U.N. arena in the prevailing serious circumstances, in which the situation on the Korean Peninsula has been rendered tense as never before and is inching closer to a touch-and-go state, is arousing worldwide concern.

Shaping the general idea of what he would say, I expected he would make stereotyped, prepared remarks a little different from what he used to utter in his office on the spur of the moment as he had to speak on the world’s biggest official diplomatic stage.

But, far from making remarks of any persuasive power that can be viewed to be helpful to defusing tension, he made unprecedented rude nonsense one has never heard from any of his predecessors.

A frightened dog barks louder.

I’d like to advise Trump to exercise prudence in selecting words and to be considerate of whom he speaks to when making a speech in front of the world.

The mentally deranged behavior of the U.S. president openly expressing on the U.N. arena the unethical will to “totally destroy” a sovereign state, beyond the boundary of threats of regime change or overturn of social system, makes even those with normal thinking faculty think about discretion and composure.
Continue reading the main story
Related Coverage

Kim’s Rejoinder to Trump’s Rocket Man: ‘Mentally Deranged U.S. Dotard’ SEPT. 21, 2017
Trump Likened to ‘a Dog Barking’ by North Korea’s Top Envoy SEPT. 21, 2017
With Combative Style and Epithets, Trump Takes America First to the U.N. SEPT. 19, 2017

His remarks remind me of such words as “political layman” and “political heretic” which were in vogue in reference to Trump during his presidential election campaign.

After taking office Trump has rendered the world restless through threats and blackmail against all countries in the world. He is unfit to hold the prerogative of supreme command of a country, and he is surely a rogue and a gangster fond of playing with fire, rather than a politician.

His remarks which described the U.S. option through straightforward expression of his will have convinced me, rather than frightening or stopping me, that the path I chose is correct and that it is the one I have to follow to the last.

Now that Trump has denied the existence of and insulted me and my country in front of the eyes of the world and made the most ferocious declaration of a war in history that he would destroy the D.P.R.K. [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea], we will consider with seriousness exercising of a corresponding, highest level of hard-line countermeasure in history.

Action is the best option in treating the dotard who, hard of hearing, is uttering only what he wants to say.

As a man representing the D.P.R.K. and on behalf of the dignity and honor of my state and people and on my own, I will make the man holding the prerogative of the supreme command in the U.S. pay dearly for his speech calling for totally destroying the D.P.R.K.

This is not a rhetorical expression loved by Trump.

I am now thinking hard about what response he could have expected when he allowed such eccentric words to trip off his tongue.

Whatever Trump might have expected, he will face results beyond his expectation.

I will surely and definitely tame the mentally deranged U.S. dotard with fire.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/worl ... trump.html
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Rocket Man has been shamed on the global stage and has totally lost face. He's even more fearful (paranoid) than before and has good reason to be. At least that's my read on this.

Just 2 more days before my connection in Seoul. I just hope my plane clears the tarmac before these crazy bastards start lobbing missiles.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Dodger wrote:Rocket Man has been shamed on the global stage and has totally lost face.
Dodger, you surely know that the Kim dynasty has been so reviled worldwide for decades, another public humiliation achieves absolutely nothing - at least nothing positive. As almost all diplomats and experts have stated, the chances are that Trump's rant will have more negative than positive consequences. Trump's epithet has actually made a very delicate situation worse. It's counterproductive because it now makes it even more difficult to get Km to the table - and that is what Kim wants. The Kim regime has always worked on the basis of bluster. That's its modus operandi. With missiles and nukes, that bluster naturally increases. But Trump himself cannot take this kind of personal insult. So he hits back using the same tactic - to much of the world's horror.

Further, for the President of the Free World to say he will have no hesitation in wiping out a country with 25 million souls - most of them heavily brainwashed but innocent in most other respects - is pure idiocy. He knows and the world knows he will not do that and can not do that. Were it to happen with the nuclear nations of China and Russia sharing borders with North Korea, World War 3 would not be far away.

And if Trump takes the initiative in war with the north, as we all know that will spell the death of millions of South Koreans (and probably the 30,000 US forces there) and the destruction of at least Seoul. The world will not let that happen, whatever Trump says.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

fountainhall wrote:It's counterproductive because it now makes it even more difficult to get Km to the table - and that is what Kim wants.
I wonder if a change in strategy is at work here. Trumps remarks at the U.N. were scripted and Rex Tillerson who was sitting in the background didn't flinch.