Blow for Being 787 Dreamliner

fountainhall

Blow for Being 787 Dreamliner

Post by fountainhall »

WIth the Dreamliner's entry into service delayed again till next year, Cathay Pacific has dealt a blow to Boeing, its traditional long haul partner, by confirming an order for 30 of the new Airbus A350 jets. Although the first deliveries of this new aircraft are not due till 2013 and Cathay will not start taking deliveries till 2016, Airbus now has 558 firm orders for the plane.

http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre/pr ... a350-xwbs/
lexusgs

Re: Blow for Being 787 Dreamliner

Post by lexusgs »

Gotta say,

I'd rather be sitting in the Boeing everytime. Airbus products don't feel quite up to the mark.
fountainhall

Re: Blow for Being 787 Dreamliner

Post by fountainhall »

lexusgs wrote:I'd rather be sitting in the Boeing everytime. Airbus products don't feel quite up to the mark.
With the Airbus record over some 40 or so years, I doubt if there is that much difference between the two. But I do tend to agree with lexusgs, if only because I find the Airbus product range generally too narrow for my liking. Very subjective, I agree, but I like the feeling of space in the 747s and the 777s, whereas I find the A330s and A340s slightly cramped. The same goes for the smaller aircraft - the 737 v. the A320.