Comming To An Airline Near You

Doug

Comming To An Airline Near You

Post by Doug »

Would you book with an airline that uses these?

More information at: http://www.thestar.com/news/world/artic ... ap-flights
thaiworthy

Re: Comming To An Airline Near You

Post by thaiworthy »

It reminds me of an exercise machine. Doesn't look very comfortable. I'd hate to sit in that for 14+ hours.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Not me. Not even on a short half hour commuter flight. But the article goes one better. How would you like to board a plane and find this? This sentence is in the same article!

"Some airlines like Ryanair and Spring Airlines, a low-cost carrier in China, have looked at the option of allowing passengers to stand during flights."

Very sorry, Spring and Ryanair. When I fly somewhere, I'm sitting!
YardenUK

Post by YardenUK »

Speaking of Ryanair the pan-European Irish budget carrier, we took them once to Spain a couple of years ago and found they use non-reclining seats! not that far removed from doug's pic. Not even a pocket in front to put a newspaper - even the safety card was simply stuck onto the backs of the seat!

t'be sure t'be sure :ugeek:
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

And that's in first class! You should see economy! :lol:
YardenUK

Post by YardenUK »

AND..........those cheeky Irish are phasing in charges to use the loo :shock:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... ed-in.html
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

YardenUK wrote:AND..........those cheeky Irish are phasing in charges to use the loo :shock:
If they do that, I'll use the barf bag and give them a little surprise at the end of the flight . . .
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

No, doesn't look comfortable. But I could do without windows. This would make planes a bit cheaper and lighter. Most of the time, there isn't much to see, especially for those without a window seat. They could instead show the captain's view on the LCD-screen. Submarines don't have windows, why do planes need windows for the passengers?
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

The woman in the photo looks like she's really struggling to keep a straight face!
bkklove

Post by bkklove »

christianpfc wrote:No, doesn't look comfortable. But I could do without windows. This would make planes a bit cheaper and lighter. Most of the time, there isn't much to see, especially for those without a window seat. They could instead show the captain's view on the LCD-screen. Submarines don't have windows, why do planes need windows for the passengers?
Many people (me included) get sick/dizzy when they are in a moving vehicle without the possibility to orientate themselves.