Comming To An Airline Near You

fountainhall

Re: Comming To An Airline Near You

Post by fountainhall »

YardenUK wrote:AND..........those cheeky Irish are phasing in charges to use the loo :shock:
The airline floated the idea earlier in the year - and then quickly withdrew it!

The new semi-standing seat is being seriously considered for short flights - not for long haul. Mind you, who knows what the airlines will get up to eventually?
Rogie wrote:The woman in the photo looks like she's really struggling to keep a straight face!
Must be something built into the seat portion that tickles her fancy :shock:
BeginnersMind

Post by BeginnersMind »

fountainhall wrote:
YardenUK wrote:AND..........those cheeky Irish are phasing in charges to use the loo :shock:
The airline floated the idea earlier in the year - and then quickly withdrew it!
Ryanair has inspired marketing. Everything they do is designed to re-inforce the message that they are cheap bastards. When people fly, often they ask . . "Which airline is cheap?" They never seriously considered this idea, but it got them lots of free publicity and re-inforced their simple message.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I would rather see bunk beds in economy for long haul flights. Stack 3 vertically & you can allow 3 people to sleep properly, whilst occupying the same space.

I would even pay premium economy rates for that.

Considering flights from LHR ==> BKK

Under the current equation, you get economy for about £5~700.
Premium is near £1050. That offers a wider seat. It does not recline enough for me to sleep properly. There's no leg room advantage, as I always bag an economy seat by the emergency exit.
Business tends to be about £1600, which is too much of a premium for the extra 4~5 hours sleep I might get on the outbound leg.