9/11

Gaybutton

9/11

Post by Gaybutton »

At the moment of writing this post, it's only a few hours away from 9/11 in the USA. What do you think will actually happen? Is that nut in Florida really going to stage that Quran burning lunacy?
thaiworthy

Re: 9/11

Post by thaiworthy »

Gaybutton wrote:At the moment of writing this post, it's only a few hours away from 9/11 in the USA. What do you think will actually happen? Is that nut in Florida really going to stage that Quran burning lunacy?
CNN reported yesterday that Rev. Terry Jones of World Outreach Center in Florida says he is canceling Quran burning event on Saturday.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:CNN reported yesterday that Rev. Terry Jones of World Outreach Center in Florida says he is canceling Quran burning event on Saturday.
It has also been reported that he keeps changing his mind. One minute he's going to burn the Quran. The next minute he isn't. Also, the people he claims he spoke with keep saying he never spoke to them at all. I think this guy isn't just a candidate for "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." In his case it ought to be "One Should Have Stayed There."
Bob

Post by Bob »

In honor of sanity, I'd rather burn the Rev. Jones himself. And perhaps use the Rev. Pat Robertson and the Rev. Phelps (Mr. "God-hates-fags") as kindling? Anybody have any marshmallows? :geek:
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I will supply the kerosene and matches.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I will supply the kerosene and matches.
If he really goes through with it and any of our soldiers end up killed as a result, I'll bet their parents will beat you to it.
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

No, they will continue to watch Fox and blame Obama. Seems the military community and their families suffers from that delusion that America is a Christian nation and they together with Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers must take the nation back.

Back from whom?
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I just got a CNN breaking news email again: The Rev. Terry Jones says he has decided to cancel Quran burning -- "not today, not ever."

We shall see.
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

This was a sad day 9 years ago, and it still is today. I lost three people on planes that day (two into the tower, one into the field in Pennsylvania). It's a day I can't completely get out of my head - especially when the anniversary comes around. I finally wrote a piece to post today about my (then) young gay friend Mark.

May the spirits of those who were lost and everyone they left behind have some peace today, one way or another.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I think something is badly wrong when certain groups protest like hell when someone proposes to burn a few books and the same people stay silent when terrorist atrocities are committed. Of course burning a few books is unnecessary, although we must be careful to allow people to speak out against the policies of ANY religious group.

Certain religions seem to stir up trouble (including the religion that was sadly foisted upon me at school).

I don't notice such a problem from other religions including buddhism.