Jomtienbob

Palinisms. Did she really say that?

Post by Jomtienbob »

Or, what is she trying to say?

The Complete Palinisms
Did Sarah Palin really say that?
By Jacob Weisberg
Updated Thursday, Sept. 2, 2010, at 11:52 AM ET
"Obama speech tonite may make u dig out ur old Orwell books so rewritten history can be deciphered, depending on who gets credit 4 Iraq surge." Tweet, Aug. 31, 2010.

"Wow,media goofballs rearing heads this wk,big time!Wonder what's up?Taking the cake:ink re:Bristol=a diva? Silly;obviously have nvr met her"
—Tweet, Sept. 1, 2010.
Advertisement

"@HeyTammyBruce @JoeWMiller g'night!May Alaska's opportunity to export our pioneering, independent spirit come to fruition w/a miracle on ice"
—Tweeting about the possibility that Palin-endorsed Joe Miller will upset incumbent Sen. Lisa Murkowski (the daughter of one of Palin's former rivals, and the woman who was appointed to the Senate seat Palin was considered for in 2002) in Alaska's GOP Senate primary, Aug. 25, 2010.
"In order to shake off the shackles they wanted to paralyze us with, I handed the reins to another, much like Dr. Laura is doing, so that these obstructionists who hated a Commonsense Conservative agenda wouldn't win."
—A Facebook note defending her defense of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Aug. 19, 2010.
"I, and obviously many others, have been 'shackled' too by people who play games with false accusations, threats, frivolous lawsuits, misreporting, etc., in an effort to silence those with whom they disagree."
—A Facebook note defending her defense of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, Aug. 19, 2010.
"Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice,America!"
"Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")"

—Tweets in support of Dr. Laura Schlessinger, after Schlessinger decided to leave radio following an on-air tirade about the "n-word," Aug. 18, 2010.
"To choose and be so adamant about this exact location just a block or two away from 9/11, again is that knife, it feels like."
—On President Obama's comments on the "Ground Zero Mosque," to Greta Van Susteren on On the Record, Aug. 16, 2010. Watch the video; the Palinism occurs at 1:05.
"Who hijacked term:'feminist'?A cackle of rads who want 2 crucify other women w/whom they disagree on a singular issue; it's ironic (& passé)."
—Tweet, Aug. 18, 2010.
"He just doesn't get it, that this is an insensitive move on the part of those Muslims who want to build that mosque in this location. It feels like a stab in the heart to collectively Americans who still have that lingering pain from 9/11."
—on Presiden't Obama's comments on the "Ground Zero Mosque," to Greta Van Susteren on On the Record, Aug. 16, 2010. Watch the Palinism here.
" 'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!"
—Tweet, July 18, 2010, after she took flak for mispronouncing "repudiate" in an interview with Sean Hannity and doubling down on Twitter.
"It's a combination of things that's resulting in a president who's not taking a strong stand on those things that are the will of the people."
—Explaining that the president was unprepared for office, in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Aug. 4, 2010
"LasVegas RJ editorial recaps Obama lecture 2 Runnin' Rebs: he's got most disconnected, backasswards plan ever imposed on the country we love."
—Palin's synopsis, in a tweet, of a scathing Las Vegas Record-Journal editorial about the president's economic policies, July 11, 2010
"Jan Brewer has the cojones that our President does not have to look out for all Americans—not only Arizonans, but all Americans in this desire of ours to secure our borders."
—Fox News Sunday, Aug. 1, 2010. The Palinism is at 0:30 in the video below:

"[Barack and Michelle Obama] have power in their words. They could refudiate what it is that this group is saying."
—On the NAACP charge of racism in the Tea Party movement, The Sean Hannity Show, Fox News, July 14, 2010
"Ground Zero Mosque supporters: doesn't it stab you in the heart, as it does ours throughout the heartland? Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."
—On plans to build an Islamic community center near Ground Zero, via Twitter, July 18, 2010
"We have a President, perhaps for the very first time since the founding of our republic, who doesn't appear to believe that America is the greatest earthly force for good the world has ever known."
—Facebook note, June 30, 2010
"I would have waived the Jones Act, and some unions not might not like it, not union membership, but the union leaders, too many, who are thugs."
—Speaking at the Oil Palace in Tyler, Texas, June 26, 2010 (Palinism at 8:05)
"Shoot, I must have lived such a doggoned sheltered life as a normal, independent American up there in the Last Frontier, schooled with only public education and a lowly state university degree, because obviously I haven't learned enough to dismiss common sense."
—On opposition to offshore oil drilling, Facebook note, June 13, 2010
"Here's an example of how it wastes some time. To be judged on or to be talked about on appearance—say chest size—it makes me wear layers, it makes me have to waste time figuring out what am I going to wear so that nobody will look in an area that I don't need them to look at."
—Fox interview with Greta Van Susteren, June 12, 2010
"It's not interesting stuff that they're making up and writing, and that's why they're going down."
—On Newsweek's "Saint Sarah" cover, Fox interview with Greta Van Susteren, June 12, 2010
"Well, then what the federal government should have done was accept the assistance of foreign countries, of entrepreneurial Americans who have had solutions that they wanted presented. They can't even get a phone call returned, Bill. The Dutch—they are known, and the Norwegians—they are known for dikes and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills. They offered to help and yet, no, they too, with the proverbial, can't even get a phone call back."
—To Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, June 15, 2010. Watch the video.
"Unless government appropriately regulates oil developments and holds oil executives accountable, the public will not trust them to drill, baby, drill. And we must!" Facebook note, June 8, 2010.
"Contested primaries are so good for America's political process! Competition makes everyone work harder, be more efficient, debate clearer, and produce more."—Palin in a Facebook note endorsing Joe Miller in Alaska's Senate race, June 2, 2010.
"I think it's appalling and a violation of our freedom of the press."
—Speaking about the negative media coverage of Republican congressional candidate Vaughn Ward, Boise, Idaho, May 21, 2010
"And while we're at it, let's expedite the regulatory and permitting and legal processes for on- and offshore drilling."
—Speaking at the Tea Party convention on Feb. 26, 2010, about six weeks before the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
"These oil companies must be held responsible if there's any lax at all in their measures and we will hold them accountable, but I am still a believer in domestic drilling. There is an inherent link between energy and prosperity and energy and security, and in a nation, energy and freedom."
—Speaking in Clarkston, Mich., at the Defending the American Dream Summit, May 1, 2010, about a week after the oil spill
"One thing we can all agree on, though, is how much we respect and want to protect the freedom of the press and we have that in common, so at the end of the day, I think as long as we're protecting that and not abusing the right—we have to be writing truth—then we'll get along just fine tonight."
"I want to make a toast to all at this press event who agree with Thomas Jefferson, who said that our liberty depends on the freedom of the press. So I want to lift a glass to those who defend that freedom. Our finest, the men and women in uniform who defend that freedom, our Constitution, and our exceptional way of life in America."
—Speaking at the Time 100 gala, New York City, May 4, 2010
Bob

Re: Palinisms. Did she really say that?

Post by Bob »

There's no doubt in my mind that even Dan Quayle is smarter than Ms. Sarah. But, alas, even Lassie was smarter than Dan. :idea:
xiandarkthorne

Re: Palinisms. Did she really say that?

Post by xiandarkthorne »

She really is an American, and English really is her first language?
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/