Electronics Technical Question

Doug

Electronics Technical Question

Post by Doug »

I have an MP3 player that I use quite often. Lately I've had a problem with the sound on the headset reaching only one ear. When I fiddle with the plug and hold it just right then the other ear plays. I changed the headset but with the same result. The problem must be inside the socket of the player itself. I think it may be a cleaning or corrosion problem but really I have no idea.

Anyone have a suggestion or do I need to but a new player?
Gaybutton

Re: Electronics Technical Question

Post by Gaybutton »

Have you tried taking it to Tuk Com or an electronics repair shop? I have a feeling the problem is a probably nothing more than a loose wire.
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

Indeed it sounds like your problem is in the headset connector part of the player. I also suggest you take it in to Tuk Com. It could either be something simple like a plug not making its connection or something more sinister such as a corruption in the hardware. Either way, you won't know until you ask.

Good luck!

:mrgreen: Grimmy
Jun

Post by Jun »

The most likely cause is a loose connection on your headset wiring. So test it with another headset.
thai4u

Post by thai4u »

jaizan wrote:The most likely cause is a loose connection on your headset wiring. So test it with another headset.
Looks like Doug thought it was in the headset wiring, too. I guess that is why he said, "I changed the headset but with the same result." As suggusted, I would take it to a professional and hope it is something simple like a loose wire.