Celebrities You Have Met

Lunchtime O'Booze

Re: Celebrities You Have Met

Post by Lunchtime O'Booze »

hello felow travellers !..did you really think that I wouldn't find you over here ?''

2 compelling reasons bring me to Gaybutton thai- I've finally tracked down my dear friend LMTU (although if he is banned I've never heard of him) and a delightful thread where I can indulge in name-dropping.

Rather than bore you with all the fabulous people I have wined and dined with (as LMTU will tell you was part of my career) I did once met the gorgeous Elizabeth Taylor at her 50th birthday party at a London club called Legends ( Campbell Palmer anywhere here?)

A show biz writer took me and I was told by Richard Burton that if I didn't "f**king well turn the music down he would personally throw me out"...he decided I was the DJ for the night which I wasn't.

Only briefly met Liz but what a charismatic lady-far more petite than I imagined and those eyes..those amazing eyes.

We had bangers and mash ( her favourite) for dinner and Bollinger champagne and when I left the paparzzi assumed I was relative !! What fun. :D
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Colin James (stoned. Him that is. I think I was as well)
Princess Diana (reached out and was touched. Me that is)
Neil Young (Ottawa. Also stoned, as above)

That's it folks ...
let me tell u wrote:" ... Shame as I have so many fabulous stories to tell, some very kinky, with deep conversations from all these starting with Brian Epstein, who made a lot of it possible and Rod Stewart, The Beatles, Bee Gees amazing stories about Barry & Robin many very Bi-sexual John lennon, David Bowie, who use to live next door to me in Beckenham kent, and Billy Idol who use to live up the road in Bromley, Bill Wyman in Penge not far away, also with Mick Jagger, Ray davis and Mick Avory of the Kinks, good friends, with Mark Bolan, Marvin Gaye If any one remembers the Embassy Club in Mayfair London and Sombrero Gay Club kensington, and Roof Garden Kensington, Régine, Paris New York, Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager, Studio 54 New York, and The Mine Shaft, your know what I mean, lionel Bart, Francis_Bacon who lived next door to lionel, Reece mews in kensington, Liberace to Marlon Brando, who told me he was bi-sexual I was on an island in the South pacific, after visiting my favorite holiday hide out Bora Bora, to Elton John, Madonna, Boy George Goeorge Micheal, Elvis, M.J Sophia Loren. Bette Davis, Judy Garland, Tom Jones and so many In between, but I'm sure you have heard it all before. yes and Tony Curtis, who said he was never on the casting couch, but was asked to one big Hollywood producers Mansion and when he answered to door this nearly 80 year old guy let his dressing Gown slip open to reveal well use your imagination. see I told you that you would not believe me and that's before I mention Liz Taylor lol ... "
. . . and assuming that each and every one of them was duly caught on film running away from you in horror, screaming. :lol: (And please Lemmetellya, none of those "you're just jealous" retorts.)

And Gaybutton's list? Hugely populated.
And here he sits, circa 2011 ... running a message board about paedophilia and pooping in Pattaya. And ~ it should be said ~ "other things".
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

lvdkeyes wrote:
let me tell u wrote: Fortunately In london in the 60s and 70s there was only about 360 gays......
Where in the world do you come up with this stuff? I was in England from 1962 to 1965 and I guarantee you there were far more gays there than 360. The Colhern and The Boltons (both large pubs in Earl's Court) were jam packed every Sunday at lunch time with the crowd spilling out onto the sidewalk. Each pub probably had about 200 plus customers.

Sorry I should of made it clearer! I was not talking about every gay guy on the scene in London, Masquerade, my Favorite Club there I was in all the time, Catacombs and even Gigolo in the King's Road. father Red Cap, Union Tavern, 'The Place' and Huntsman, , Biograph Cinema, Heaven, G_A_Y so many, White Bear, Carnival Club, Jonathans, I was on the Chelsea, kings Road Scene, the Iron lung remember, A & B Apollo Owner, Archie still wonderful friend in Thailand now, nearly 90, Le Douce Club, Stuart, who I am still friends with the owner, Subway, The Apple, so many, of course there was thousands.

No I was talking about those on the Party Scene, going to places like April Ashlee's El Sombrero, The Roof Garden, and Embassy Club and mixing with Bag of Nails, La Val Bon Night Clubs Munkberries, Legions' Scotch of St James, if you was on the Robrt Stigwood Peter brown Brian Epsein, Alan Warren, Long john Baldry, Elton john, Rod Stewart, Billy Gaff, Freddie Mercury, Michael Summerton, Kenny Everett and Rudolf Nureyev. scene as I was, you will know what I'm talking about.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Smiles wrote:And Gaybutton's list? Hugely populated.
I grew up in Washington, DC. I was a page boy in the US Congress. It's a very long story how that came about, which I won't go into, but I'll explain how I met some of these celebrities:

Bobby Kennedy - Backing into an elevator in the Senate Office Building while carrying a rather heavy load. I thought the elevator was empty until I realized I had just stepped on someone's toes and then heard, "Watch where you're going, kid." It was Bobby Kennedy. He was a senator at the time. Definitely one of life's embarrassing moments for me.

Richard Nixon - At the Washington National Airport (Now Ronald Reagan Airport) just before he was elected.

Gerald Ford - He was a congressman at the time when I was a page boy. I spoke with him nearly every day.

Lyndon Johnson
Martin Luther King
Hubert Humphrey - Met all of them in the US Capitol Rotunda. President Johnson had come there to make a speech and sign the first Civil Rights Act. Although we had to stand in the back, the page boys were allowed to attend and go through the receiving line after the ceremony. I got to meet the Supreme Court justices too.

Spiro Agnew - Was actually a neighbor. He lived just down the street from us, long before anyone had ever heard of him. He was known as Ted Agnew then. He used to kick us kids off his lawn.

John Glenn - At the height of his fame, not too long after his famous space flight. He was not yet in politics, but he came to the Capitol to lobby for gun control. He was standing right outside the entrance to the House of Representatives. The page boys were allowed to go outside to meet him, shake hands, and chat with him a few moments. I'll never forget that.

Everett Dirksen- Famous US Senator at the time. Met him on the subway that runs between the Capitol Building and the Senate Office Building.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar- On a flight to Thailand. On Thai Airways. The whole old Los Angeles Lakers team was on its way to Thailand to play an exhibition game. Before boarding the flight he was letting people come up to him to say hello.

Mickey Mantle- My mother took me to see a New York Yankees-Baltimore Orioles baseball game. I got to meet him and shake hands, along with getting his autograph after the game. He hit a home run during that game too.

Martha Raye
Annette Funicello
Hermione Gingold - Met all three on separate occasions. They were eating in the same restaurant I was in.

Peter Ustinov- I met him in the lobby of a hotel

Sammy Davis, Jr. - In Washington, DC. My brother used to play the drums. We had just come out of a musical instrument store and he was walking in.

George Segal
John Lithgow - They were starring together in Ft. Lauderdale, doing the play 'Requiem for a Heavyweight.' There was a cast party and a friend had gotten me a pass for it the day I went to see the play.

Leonard Nimoy - In Boca Raton, Florida. He was doing a lecture there.

Jim Belushi- In Las Vegas at a craps table. He was there with the inevitable blonde bombshell. His words to me were, "You want to move over a little bit, pal?"

Robert Mitchum - At a beach in Maryland. In those days he owned a farm near there. He was staying at the same hotel where my family was staying. The photo is my younger brother standing with him. I'm the one who took the photo.
Lunchtime O'Booze

Post by Lunchtime O'Booze »

Interesting that you met Bobby Keneddy.

I went to a show recently where David Frost and Michael Parkinson interviewed each other on stage.

asked who was the most impressive people they had ever met-both said Nelson Mandela and Frost said Bobby Kennedy the most memorable.

lurved Mitchum !