Celebrities You Have Met

Gaybutton

Celebrities You Have Met

Post by Gaybutton »

The sad death of Elizabeth Taylor got me thinking about celebrities I have managed to meet in my life. I thought it might be fun if you post a list of celebrities you have met during your life, if you've met any. No cheating! Don't list celebrities you have simply spotted. It has to be celebrities you have actually spoken with, even if only briefly, and names likely known to most of us.

Here's my list of celebrities I have met:

Bobby Kennedy
Richard Nixon
Lyndon Johnson
Gerald Ford
Martin Luther King
Spiro Agnew
Hubert Humphrey
John Glenn
Everett Dirksen
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Mickey Mantle
Martha Raye
Annette Funicello
Hermione Gingold
Peter Ustinov
Sammy Davis, Jr.
George Segal
Leonard Nimoy
Jim Belushi
John Lithgow
Robert Mitchum
thaiworthy

Re: Celebrities You Have Met

Post by thaiworthy »

Bob Newhart
Dick Van Dyke
Gaybutton

Haven't met lmtu yet!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Having lived in the LA area for years I've been in the same room with a lot of celebrities but actually spoken to very few. At the risk of showing how aged I actually am, Kareem Abdul Jabbar (the Lew Alcindor) was actually a student of mine at UCLA.
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Sammy Davis Jr. [shared an elevator in Vegas]
Lulu [one of my father's guests at Christmas party convention]
Justin Wilson [one of my father's guests at Christmas party convention]
Mini Pearl [one of my father's guests at Christmas party convention]
Emeril Lagossi [eating at his restaurant, Delmonico's in New Orleans]
John Besh [eating at his restaurant, August, in New Orleans]
Richard Petty [as a guest of Union Oil at the Talladega 500 NASCAR races]
Bobby Allison [as a guest of Union Oil at the Talladega 500 NASCAR races]
Paul Prudhomme [eating at his restaurant, KaPaul's, in New Orleans]
LMTU
UNDAUNTED
GB
Can you tell I grew up in Alabama?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote: LMTU
UNDAUNTED
GB
How could you have left out GEEZER?

My mother, by the way, spent several months when she was in the Navy during World War II helping a young new recruit by the name of Bernie Schwartz, who later changed his name to Tony Curtis. She worked in the code breaking department and for those months that's where he was assigned.

Mr. Curtis became very interested in working to help Multiple Sclerosis sufferers. A cousin of mine has MS, fortunately a mild case so far, and is still mobile. She was invited to a function hosted by Tony Curtis a couple years before his death and had a chance to chat with him. She reminded him about my mother and asked if he still remembers her. According to my cousin, he said, "Oh my God! Yes I do remember her. Next time you talk to her tell her I said hello and where the fuck did all the years go?"

She also has the distinction of once, without meaning to, scaring the daylights out of none other than Boris Karloff.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Mickey Rooney
Charles Lowe (Carol Channing's husband)
Jacqueline Bisset
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Albert Einstein, 1954, on Nassau Street, Princeton NJ.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

If I told you that's I'd take up the whole page and no one believes you any way, so what's the point?

Oh well here are just a few. many more when I worked for a company called APPLE Corps but that's another story.

Shame as I have so many fabulous stories to tell, some very kinky, with deep conversations from all these starting with Brian Epstein, who made a lot of it possible and Rod Stewart, The Beatles, Bee Gees amazing stories about Barry & Robin many very Bi-sexual John lennon, David Bowie, who use to live next door to me in Beckenham kent, and Billy Idol who use to live up the road in Bromley, Bill Wyman in Penge not far away, also with Mick Jagger, Ray davis and Mick Avory of the Kinks, good friends, with Mark Bolan, Marvin Gaye If any one remembers the Embassy Club in Mayfair London and Sombrero Gay Club kensington, and Roof Garden Kensington, Régine, Paris New York, Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager, Studio 54 New York, and The Mine Shaft, your know what I mean, lionel Bart, Francis_Bacon who lived next door to lionel, Reece mews in kensington, Liberace to Marlon Brando, who told me he was bi-sexual I was on an island in the South pacific, after visiting my favorite holiday hide out Bora Bora, to Elton John, Madonna, Boy George Goeorge Micheal, Elvis, M.J Sophia Loren. Bette Davis, Judy Garland, Tom Jones and so many In between, but I'm sure you have heard it all before. yes and Tony Curtis, who said he was never on the casting couch, but was asked to one big Hollywood producers Mansion and when he answered to door this nearly 80 year old guy let his dressing Gown slip open to reveal well use your imagination. see I told you that you would not believe me and that's before I mention Liz Taylor lol

Fortunately In london in the 60s and 70s there was only about 360 gays and many of the fun ones were Invited to all the Top Parties when Super Stars were in Town, and I can tell you many stars are as bored or more so in some cases, as a some of the guys living in Pattaya think they are until they go back home they soon realize they could not be happier.

As my old mate Simon Napier- Bell The worlds best Pop Impresario, who lives in Pattaya says who knows all about these amazing times, who knows me very well, said I should write a book, but if I did I would be dead especially in the days of being a partner in a Wild Night Club in the early 70s now that was amazing?

Oh to have wonderful memories, that's some thing you just cant take away, so many Pop stars to many to mention.

But the strange thing is many have so much money they could never spend it in their life time but are so lonely and sad. you probably have a far better time being Mr Nobody I know i do?

Oh well you did ask :roll:
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

So far Gaybutton's got the most enviable list, but I've met a few folks over the years people might recognize.
I'm sure there are a few I'm forgetting - but who I can remember at the moment, and In no particular order:

Ray Charles
Willie Nelson
Dino Danelli (of the Young Rascals)
Frank Zappa (and most of the Mothers of Invention)
The Greatful Dead
George Harrison
Charlie Rose
Billy Preston
Both of the Smothers Brothers
Vince Guaraldi
Don Ellis (Jazz musician and head of A&R for Epic Records before he died)
Seiji Ozawa (Conductor for the San Francisco and Boston Symphony)
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

let me tell u wrote: Fortunately In london in the 60s and 70s there was only about 360 gays......
Where in the world do you come up with this stuff? I was in England from 1962 to 1965 and I guarantee you there were far more gays there than 360. The Colhern and The Boltons (both large pubs in Earl's Court) were jam packed every Sunday at lunch time with the crowd spilling out onto the sidewalk. Each pub probably had about 200 plus customers.