Elizabeth Taylor Dies at 79

let me tell u

BREAKING NEWS !!! Amazing ICON has just Died.

Post by let me tell u »

Her name is Elizabeth Taylor and she just died only hours ago I don’t think it is even reported yet a close friend of hers just sent an email .She died of congestive heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she had been hospitalized for about six weeks. Her four children were with her when she died, who I expect will get her 3 Oscars, what with her over eating Problems and substance abuse the 8 Times married Liz was quite a Big Hit with the tabloids.....LIZ was honoured with an HIV/AIDS humanitarian award. In 2008,

LIZ TAYLOR......The Most wonderful tempestuous Actress and person, In her prime, she was arguably one of the world's greatest actresses and most beautiful women. she has just left this World and we have so many wonderful memories of her, I can share one when I was Introduced to her at a Wonderful BelAir Mansion of a Pop Star friend of mine, he had a habit of making out every one to be someone Important, not just an ordinary working person as I was at the time, so he said I was Elton John’s lawyer , when I told her I was not, but the owner of a Flop House she said thank fuck for that. not another Boring creature trying to Impress me. I bet that makes you far more Interesting than these Hollywood Bores, we spoke for 2.1/2 hours,

Then went on to tell me how she met Richard and WHEN SHE WAS MAKING NATION VELVET SHE EARNED $30,000 A YEAR . The 1946 success of Courage of Lassie led to another contract drawn up for Taylor earning her $750 per week, her mother $250, as well as a $1,500 bonus,,,,,In 1960, Taylor became the highest paid actress up to that time when she signed a one million dollar contract to play the title role in 20th Century Fox's lavish production of Cleopatra,which would eventually be released in 1963. During the filming, she began a romance with her future husband Richard Burton, who played Mark Antony in the film. The romance received much attention from the tabloid press, as both were married to other spouses at the time.......I told her I had met them before in a local Pub GROVE TAVERN near where I lived at the Time and was brought up in Dulwich Village London, she said we were so pissed in those days I had no Idea where I was drinking let alone who i was talking to.....so many interesting stories interspersed with swear words

Her Last Act was On 1 December 2007, Taylor acted on-stage again, appearing opposite James Earl Jones in a benefit performance of the A. R. Gurney play Love Letters. The event's goal was to raise $1 million for Taylor's AIDS foundation. Tickets for the show were priced at $2,500, and more than 500 people attended. The event happened to coincide with the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike and, rather than cross the picket line, Taylor requested a "one night dispensation." The Writers Guild agreed not to picket the Paramount Pictures lot that night to allow for the performance.

DAME ELIZABETH ROSEMOND TAYLOR ICON and LEGEND1
RIP LIZ-27th FEB-1932-23rd MARCH 2011

Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor was born in Hampstead, a wealthy district of North West London UK, Her parents were originally from Arkansas City, Kansas. Her father was an art dealer and her mother a former actress whose stage name was "Sara Sothern". Sothern retired from the stage when she and Francis Taylor married in 1926 in New York City. Taylor's two first names are in honor of her paternal grandmother, Elizabeth Mary (Rosemond) Taylor. A dual citizen of the UK and the U.S., she was born a British subject through her birth on British soil and an American citizen through her parents.

A private family funeral will be held later this week. Instead of flowers, the family has requested that contributions be made to the Elizabeth Taylor Aids Foundation.
TheCornerBar

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Dies at 79

Post by TheCornerBar »

LMTU does not say where this post was quoted from.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

I received the Info in the afternoon by a family Friend of hers, I google it, no one had reported it in the press, so I quickly did my self, now its all over of course ?

Geeeeeeeeeeeeze your so Cynical, for a whino :o
James Barnes

Remembering Elizabeth Taylor

Post by James Barnes »

Remembering Elizabeth Taylor...

I was once lucky enough to have met her in London and she was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen... those eyes were incandescent.

Some words to celebrate life on http://out-in-thailand.com/facebook

RIP Liz.
lvdkeyes

Re: Remembering Elizabeth Taylor

Post by lvdkeyes »

I was never fortunate enough to meet her, but I did see her on stage (from 5th row) when she did Private Lives with Richard Burton. You are right about her eyes, his also were beautiful; limpid pools of blue. I also saw her twice at Macy's AIDS Benefit Fashion Shows in San Francisco.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

lvdkeyes wrote:I was never fortunate enough to meet her, but I did see her on stage (from 5th row) when she did Private Lives with Richard Burton. You are right about her eyes, his also were beautiful; limpid pools of blue. I also saw her twice at Macy's AIDS Benefit Fashion Shows in San Francisco.
Oh dear! I thought there was already a wonderful Elizabeth Taylor thread, that has been sent to a darkend Room some where that no one will see, is this more favoritism :roll:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

let me tell u wrote: is this more favoritism
No, it's me having other things to do besides monitoring the board 24/7. The threads are now merged. And while you may consider this forum to be a "darkened room," that's your opinion. This is, however, the forum on which posts about Elizabeth Taylor belongs unless something to be said about her involves Thailand. Gaybuttonthai is about Thailand, remember? Posts go where they belong. I don't make exceptions. I don't think anyone needed this board to inform them about the death of Elizabeth Taylor. If people don't read all the available forums on this board, that's their choice. If they miss information as a result, that's also their choice. You are complaining because I moved your post to the forum on which it belonged in the first place, and you know it. Favoritism would have been letting your post remain on the Thailand forum. - - - - Oh dear.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

Elizabeth Taylor leaves rumored $1bn fortune - big enough to rival Cleopatra herself - as jewels 'to be auctioned off'

Dazzling: Elizabeth Taylor wearing the famous Burton-Taylor diamond in 1970
She will forever be associated with playing Cleopatra, the Egyptian queen so rich she bathed in ass's milk - and now it appears that Elizabeth Taylor had a fortune of paranoiac proportions herself.
The Oscar-winning star left a fortune estimated at up to $1bn (£625m) - one of just 14 women in the world to have become self-made billionaires.

Taylor became famous for the massive jewels she wore - valued at worth $150m as far back as 2002 - but even when they weren't gifts from her husband’s including Richard Burton, she could afford to treat herself.

She was paid $4m - the equivalent of $47m today - to star with Burton in Cleopatra then went on to become one of the biggest names in perfume.

Her joint fragrance venture with cosmetics firm Elizabeth Arden launched in 1991 and including the famous scent White Diamonds has since amassed a combined $1bn (£625).
The Independent also reports that Taylor had a portfolio of real estate valued in excess of $150m, including her ranch-style home in Los Angeles.

However, despite her own wealth, she dedicated her life to making money to help others - raising $270m for her AIDS Foundation.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... d-off.html