Firefox Browser - Lightning Speed

Gaybutton

Firefox Browser - Lightning Speed

Post by Gaybutton »

If you live in a western country, I would guess you are already getting excellent Internet speed. That's not always the case in Thailand and it's definitely not always the case with me. Today I spotted that Firefox is offering a new beta version of their browser. They claim that among its attributes there will be a significant increase in speed and users will notice it immediately. I was skeptical, but decided to give it a try.

I'm very glad I did. First, if there are any problems at all with the browser, I haven't encountered any. But they weren't kidding about the speed. Not only did I notice a significant increase in speed, but I was truly amazed by the difference. Web pages that used to take time to load are now loading virtually instantaneously. I have been frustrated with YouTube when enough loads to play about 5 seconds of the video and then you sit there waiting for more to load to play the next 5 seconds. I went back to several clips like that, along with clips I had never viewed before. All of them loaded much faster than I have ever seen and every one of them played through with no pauses.

I was considering giving up ADSL and switching to cable modem if it's offered where I live. Now that idea is on hold. If the speed I'm getting continues to be like this, then I'm going to stick with what I've got.

I have no idea what they did or how they did it, but if you are looking for a browser that will give you a significant speed increase, try downloading their new beta browser.
Jun

Re: Firefox Browser - Lightning Speed

Post by Jun »

Thought about downloading this a couple of weeks ago, but no doubt many of the add ons will not yet work with the new version. I simply couldn't cope without add ons like Tab Mix.

Firefox is still my favourite browser, but they do need to catch up with the speed of Chrome.