Has Beiber Fever Reached Thailand??

Doug

Re: Has Beiber Fever Reached Thailand??

Post by Doug »

Justin Beiber...another megastar from Canada.

From the Grammy awards show.

TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Good news! Justin's very dear friend, LMTU is putting him up in his villa in BKK next week. He has promised an appearance at Corner Bar, bare chested! {Justin, not LMTU}
painai2

Post by painai2 »

What does Justin from Canada have to do with Thailand? This ought to be in the everything else forum.
fedssocr

Post by fedssocr »

I thought the Thais loved Korean boy bands, not the Bieb.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

painai2 wrote:What does Justin from Canada have to do with Thailand? This ought to be in the everything else forum.
I thought the same thing and was about to move the topic to the 'Everything Else' forum. Then I took another look at the title of this topic and decided to leave it here. The problem is most people are not discussing whether Justin Bieber has become popular in Thailand. That's not even being mentioned. And don't ask me. I have no idea whether he has become popular in Thailand or not, but so far I don't see any Thais walking around wearing Justin Bieber T-shirts.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Justin.....I would rather him AllTheWayIn.
jocularguy

Post by jocularguy »

The big question! Will Justin Beiber bottom?
Rin

Post by Rin »

I don't think Bieber has much recognition in Thailand. Bieber's audience is pre-teen or early teen girls. Thai girls go for Korean or Japanese boy bands or some Thai boy bands. In fact ask a few Thai's and they haven't even heard of him. He hasn't tapped the Asian market yet so hard to tell how he will be received.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I just asked the BF if he knows Justin Beiber and the response was yes and who doesn't? The BF told me he and all his friends know Beiber, knows he started on U Tube and is now POP-u-larrr. The BF even had one of his songs on the MP3 and just played it for me, I am not impressed. The BF said if you don't know who Justin Beiber is, you just came off the rice farm. He’s often on Thai TV entertainment tonight.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:I am not impressed.
Neither am I. I'm sorry, but I listened to the posted video. When someone sings a song that consists primarily of "baby, baby, baby" and "yeah, yeah, yeah," somehow I doubt I'll be buying many albums. I'm very happy for him that he became an overnight sensation and he is very attractive, but I have a feeling he'll wind up being a flash-in-the-pan and within a couple years he'll be as currently popular as 'New Kids on the Block' and 'Village People' ended up. I hope for his sake he's saving the money he's making.

If nothing else, at least now we know that Thais are aware of him and seem to like him.