Idiots!

lvdkeyes

Idiots!

Post by lvdkeyes »

If you’re like me, there are days when you feel quite vague and start to question your intelligence ..... never fear, read the following and you’ll realize you’re not doing so badly!

IDIOT SIGHTINGS..

My daughter and I went through the McDonald's driveway window and I gave the cashier a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c.
She said, 'you gave me too much money.'
I said,'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar coin back.'
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.
I did so, and he handed me back the 25c, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.'
The clerk then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.

Do not confuse the clerks at MacD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

We had to have the garage door repaired.
The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener.
I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady,
you need a 1/4 horsepower.'
I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, 'NOOO, it's not. Four is larger than two..'

We haven't used that repairman since.
IDIOT SIGHTING :

I live in a semi rural area.
We recently had a new neighbor call the local council P & W office to request the removal of the WOMBAT CROSSING
sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many wombats are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:

My daughter went to a Mexican takeaway and ordered a taco.
She asked the
person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?'
To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?'
He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

IDIOT SIGHTING:

The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street.
I was crossing with an 'intellectually challenged' co-worker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind
people when the light is red.
Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

She is a government employee.

IDIOT SIGHTING:

When my husband and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after a service, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service
department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver’s side door..
As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!'
His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

STAY ALERT!

They walk among us...
Jun

Re: Idiots!

Post by Jun »

lvdkeyes wrote: IDIOT SIGHTINGS..
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's driveway window and I gave the cashier a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c.
She said, 'you gave me too much money.'
I said,'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar coin back.'
She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.
I did so, and he handed me back the 25c, and said 'We're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.'
The clerk then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.
I have actually encountered such stupidity more than once in mainland Europe. Thankfully Thai shop staff seem to get this one without fail.

In British DIY store, I once tried to ask a member of staff how long an unlabelled piece of timber was.
Whilst he was thinking how to solve this tricky little problem, I suggested he could measure it with the tape measure attached to his belt. :idea:
Then I discovered he didn't actually know how to use a tape measure
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

"When you think about how stupid the average store clerk is, that means half of them are even stupider than that."
- George Carlin

If you really want stupid, check out the following web site: http://www.darwinawards.com
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

In Chicago ,in the winter, I ordered iced tea in a restaurant and the waitress told me they didn't have iced tea in the winter. I asked why not and she said, rather condescendingly, "It is too cold". I asked if they had Coke with ice. She said, "Of course." She didn't seem the grasp the error in her logic. So, I ordered a pot of hot tea and 2 big glasses of ice and proceeded to make iced tea while she stood looking amazed.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I was a child idiot. When I was learning to read, I noted with great interest two signs on a winding road near our home. One said "Deer Crossing," and the other said "Watch For Pedestrians." I understood what "Deer Crossing" meant, that drivers should be aware of wildlife in the area, wandering across the road. It was the other sign that had me confused. What in the world is a pedestrian? Having never heard it spoken, or remembering how it was spoken, I was pronouncing it wrong too. I said, pedesTRAnian, having even added an extra syllable as well. What could it be, I wondered. Well, I reasoned that since the other sign was about an animal, mebbe a pedesTRAnian was an animal as well. I passed by that sign every day walking home from school, not realizing I was the pedesTRAnian. Finally, I looked around and saw lots of birds. So, I reasoned a pedesTRAnian was a small, rare kind of bird, perhaps even an endangered species. Although the little birds I saw were able to quickly fly away before cars ran them over. So these were very smart rare pedesTRAnian birds as well. No wonder they were on the endangered species list.

It was a good while later when my father finally explained to me what a pedesTRAnian actually was and how it was properly pronounced. To this day, when I see this sign, I still think of that little bird. And the sign, "Watch for Pedestrians" was not a likely scene for the local birdwatchers society.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:And the sign, "Watch for Pedestrians" was not a likely scene for the local birdwatchers society.
Years ago I spotted a misspelled sign that instead of saying "Bear Crossing" said "Bare Crossing" I thought I was driving through a nudist colony. Maybe I was. I should have stopped and waited awhile.

lvdkeyes wrote:I ordered a pot of hot tea and 2 big glasses of ice and proceeded to make iced tea while she stood looking amazed.
That's great, and so typical of some waiters and waitresses that need "special help."

I can't help but be reminded of this scene from "Five Easy Pieces"