Are More Moderators Needed?

Grimmy

Are More Moderators Needed?

Post by Grimmy »

In the absence of Gaybutton lately, it seems this forum could use a few more moderators. Certainly, the inmates seem to be taking over the asylum and I for one am getting pretty bored of it.

:x Grimmy
let me tell u

Re: Are More Moderators Needed?

Post by let me tell u »

Grimmy wrote:In the absence of Gaybutton lately, it seems this forum could use a few more moderators. Certainly, the inmates seem to be taking over the asylum and I for one am getting pretty bored of it.

:x Grimmy

Well as you can see, because you can only complain at the minimal resent new material here, so many write on the old Good Quality material, that still has lots of Mileage, why don’t you instead of complaining, write something Interesting, then others will continuously write on your threads, if its got something to write about.

Stop complaining start writing, simple answer.

Even though your think there’s not much new of late, don’t bother with the other forums, nothing new there either, and the old stuff hardly any one is reading, I see most of the flamers, have now all moved to the other non moderated 'fartty Forum Stop' it now, for lack of readers, apart from the many tracker bots, over on the dark side, mental home.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I think we need more enemas. :D
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:the inmates seem to be taking over the asylum and I for one am getting pretty bored of it.
If that is the case, then you'll just have to tolerate it until I can return as usual. There will not be any moderators on this board other than myself.

And since you want the presence of a moderator, then I am not stepping into my role as moderator and moving this post to the "Everything Else" forum since it has nothing to do with Thailand.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

Grimmy wrote: . . .it seems this forum could use a few more moderators.
Agreed, although you have to wonder who would volunteer!
let me tell u wrote: 1) Stop complaining start writing, simple answer.
2) . . . over on the dark side, mental home.
1) Sorry, complete twaddle - despite quoting Grimmy's first sentence, you conveniently ignored it in your reply.

2) where you belong ?
Undaunted wrote:I think we need more enemas. :D
(g)utter drivel
Gaybutton wrote: a) There will not be any moderators on this board other than myself.

b) And since you want the presence of a moderator, then I am not stepping into my role as moderator and moving this post to the "Everything Else" forum since it has nothing to do with Thailand.
a) Pride comes before a fall

b) not having logged on for a couple of days I interpret that gobbledegook to mean the topic was originally posted on the main forum and was moved here by the mod. Whilst it has nowt to do with Thailand, it has a lot to do with this Message Board. Shifting it to a backwater such as the Everything Else forum is a form of censorship.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Oh come on! Censorship by moving a thread to a different forum? It has naught to do with censorship.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:It has naught to do with censorship.
Especially since this was the appropriate forum in the first place. If Rogie can explain to me why a topic that has absolutely nothing to do with Thailand, or any of the subject matter appropriate to the Thailand forum, should have been left on that forum anyway, I'm all ears. Rogie's insinuation that nobody reads this forum is false. He managed to find it, didn't he? So far, this topic received 88 views.

Either way, Grimmy's topic belonged on this forum and that is the reason, the only reason, I moved it. If some out there have decided they ought to be the ones who tell me how to run my board or have decided I'm in need of a moderator, I would not have a moderator who would leave posts on the wrong forum just because he thinks people don't read the other forums.

Also, some are assuming I don't solicit help when I need it. The fact is during the time my Internet service was down and I couldn't access the board very often, I did have help. I had help from someone who I would trust with my life. He had full access to every function of this board, the same access I have myself. He, by the way, still has it. Whenever he spotted a post he thought needed attention he would call me, read the post to me, and ask me how I wanted to handle it. If I travel out of town and can't access the board as often as usual, we're going to do the same thing.

Regarding the idea of censorship, if I wanted to censor a post I wouldn't play games by hiding it in a "backwater." I would simply have deleted it.
Rogie

Post by Rogie »

I concede my use of the word censorship was inappropriate.

Thanks for mentioning about the arrangements when you are away or having 'net problems.

There have been instances where a registered member has posted what, on another Board, I have called verbal diarrohoea. Malicious members of this other Board take great delight to copy & paste such infringements. It is my opinion that kind of thing should be censored by the mods on that other Board. It is deleted here, so for it to remain for all to see on any other Board shows, IMO, poor inter-Board etiquette. I know there's a certain amount of rivalry, and that's natural and only to be expected, but there must be at least a token degree of respect shown. IMO, such garbage when posted on any Board and copied to another one demeans all gay message boards. I am pleased to say the offending outburst was eventually removed. I guess no Board is totally secure when a registered member runs amuck, so that's one reason I agreed with Grimmy's suggestion for one or more additional mods. So thanks, you've explained the situation re moderation so I withdraw any implied criticism.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Rogie wrote:on another Board, I have called verbal diarrohoea.
I believe I know the board you are referring to. Without going into detail, I have neither posted nor bothered even reading that board for quite some time for the kinds of reasons you mentioned. I gave up on it months ago and I prefer to leave it to what probably are the same trolls who dominated it with impunity before and most likely still do. They can have it. Meanwhile, I have no control over what some people cut from one board and paste on another. I also always end up caught right in the middle of these kinds of disputes. I have to make judgment calls as to which posts will stand and which will be deleted. It's my decision and I'll make it, but as I've so often said, no matter what I do somebody won't like what I do.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Even suggesting more moderators are required is slightly disrespectful.

Some forums already have several moderators.
Some forums are hardly moderated at all.
This forum is moderated by GB, with considerable skill, effort & consistency.

Should none of the above forum options appeal, there's always the option of setting up your own forum.