Burlesque

lvdkeyes

Burlesque

Post by lvdkeyes »

Anyone who likes musicals, Cher and/or Christina Aquilera should make a point of seeing Burlesque. We saw it today and it was thoroughly enjoyable. A few sexy guys in it too (not Asian).
TheCornerBar

Re: Burlesque

Post by TheCornerBar »

Where is it? Is it a live show or a movie?
Khortose

Post by Khortose »

TheCornerBar wrote:Where is it? Is it a live show or a movie?
A movie. It is slightly formalistic, but very enjoyable. For the first time Christine Aguilera is very good;. The girl has learned how to act and her singing is incredible---as usual. I agree with Lvdkeyes and recommend this film for an enjoyable evening. Outstanding performance by a great character actor named Stan Tucci who you saw in The Devil wore Prada, & Julie and Julia.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

lvdkeyes wrote:Anyone who likes musicals, Cher and/or Christina Aquilera should make a point of seeing Burlesque. We saw it today and it was thoroughly enjoyable. A few sexy guys in it too (not Asian).
lvdkeyes, as usual, your taste is excellent. I can't believe I haven't seen this yet.

lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Khortose wrote: It is slightly formalistic,
I am not sure what you mean by this.
papillon

Post by papillon »

I would guess that the word Khortose has in mind is "formulaic", which would make perfect sense in the context - "constructed to a formula already used in other films".
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I would understand that, but I didn't understand formalistic.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

You Haven't Seen the Last of Me, one of the songs Cher sings in Burlesque, just won the Golden Globe Award for best song from a motion picture.
patexpat

Post by patexpat »

mt bf and I thoroughly enjoyed it!