Luggage storage service at the airport

ramzes

Luggage storage service at the airport

Post by ramzes »

I am leaving Pattaya for three days in Singapore and then returning to Bangkok. I am thinking of leaving my luggage with "left luggage counters" at the Suvarnabhumi Airport and bring only a carry-on in Singapore. Of course I would not leave any valuables, only clothing. You can check this service at the following url: http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/134

Anyone used that service? Is it safe? I can't help thinking about scams such as the Duty Free scam. What if someone put something illegal in my bag? Any advice would be welcome.
Gaybutton

Re: Luggage storage service at the airport

Post by Gaybutton »

ramzes wrote:I can't help thinking about scams such as the Duty Free scam. What if someone put something illegal in my bag? Any advice would be welcome.
Have you ever heard of that happening to anyone? I haven't. If you are apprehensive about it, then take your luggage with you instead of leaving it.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Another option would be to have the luggage you plan to leave in left luggage wrapped in plastic at one of the concessions that do that.
ramzes

Post by ramzes »

Thanks lvdkeyes, I will do that.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Another option would be to have the luggage you plan to leave in left luggage wrapped in plastic at one of the concessions that do that.
Just for the sake of paranoia, if someone at a left luggage place was truly up to something sinister, what would prevent him from removing the plastic, planting whatever it is he wants to plant in the victim's luggage, and then taking it to be re-wrapped?
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Ah! If someone is that paranoid he could write something across the plastic with a magic marker, thereby knowing if someone had done as you suggest could be done.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

lvdkeyes wrote:Ah! If someone is that paranoid he could write something across the plastic with a magic marker, thereby knowing if someone had done as you suggest could be done.
Yes, that is an excellent idea if you want to go through all that trouble, if someone is really that paranoid. I think most of us would probably agree it is much simpler to just take your luggage with you wherever you go. With all the things that could go wrong on a trip, this would be the least of my concerns.

Checking luggage for storage seems a bit conspicuous. With all the luggage an airport handles, I would rather have it travel its normal course as I go from flight to flight.