Schengen visa

lvdkeyes

Schengen visa

Post by lvdkeyes »

I looked up information about getting a Schengen visa for my bf for France. A couple of the requirements have me puzzled. Maybe someone who KNOWS can answer them for me.
They require a round-trip flight ticket booking from/to Thailand.
I have two options; buy a ticket in hopes that they approve the visa or pay a lot more money to buy a refundable ticket.
They require confirmed hotel booking for the whole stay. "Internet reservations without credit card guarantee could not be accepted." This is the same problem. I pay for something I am not guaranteed I will be able to use.
Jun

Re: Schengen visa

Post by Jun »

These requirements seem absurd.
Hotel bookings do not guarantee someone will not abscond, but they do unreasonably restrict visitors from choosing to stay with friends or family.

If that's the way it goes, why not get a visa for the most reasonable of the Shengen countries?
lvdkeyes

Re: Schengen visa

Post by lvdkeyes »

The Schengen rules may or may not be absurd, but, nonetheless, they are the rules. They apply to all Schengen countries, besides, you must get your Schengen visa from the country where you will be spending the most of your time. As far as staying with friends or family; if you have a letter from them stating you are being invited to stay with them during your stay, I am reasonably sure that would suffice.