I hope there is a War in Korea,do you think ?

Gaybutton

Re: I hope there is a War in Korea,do you think ?

Post by Gaybutton »

What North Korea does comes as no surprise to me. As far back as the Pueblo incident North Korea has been pulling this kind of crap and getting away with it. Nothing ever happens to North Korea that their "Dear" leadership gives a damn about. I don't think the North Korean leadership cares anything at all about human life, unless it's their own life. They live the good life while their people starve and are too intimidated and brainwashed from birth to do anything about it. As long a China supports them and as long as their allowed to get away with it, they'll continue. Why shouldn't they? Unless something serious is done, I think sooner or later they'll do something that could very easily escalate into a war. I would not be surprised as all if the world's first real nuclear war is instigated by North Korea. Until that happens, and I hope it never does, these kinds of incidents are going to continue. I believe the only unknowns about it are when the next incident will be and what will they do this time?

I certainly don't want to see a war, but I don't think they have any intention of stopping as long as the rest of the world does nothing more than condemn their actions and impose sanctions. If North Korea cared about condemnations or sanctions they would have stopped long ago.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

TheCornerBar wrote:A few preemptive strike hydrogen bombs, loaded into cruise missiles, would sort the problem without giving North Korea a chance to respond. Just launch on a day the wind is blowing north or east. Then claim that the new nuclear power plant must have exploded.
I regret I don't find joking about such a horribly serious matter even remotely amusing.
Gaybutton wrote:As far back as the Pueblo incident North Korea has been pulling this kind of crap and getting away with it.
Too true. And surely that is the root of the problem. Had effective action been taken decades ago by the American protectors of South Korea, this kind of crap would not still be continuing. Now that the North has nuclear weapons, though, it's a whole new ball game. And like it or not, 28,500 Americans are right there in the thick of it.
Gaybutton wrote: As long a China supports them and as long as their allowed to get away with it, they'll continue.
The Chinese are acting purely in their own self interest. If the North implodes, China finds 20+ million refugees on its doorstep, and that it does not want. If, on the other hand, tactical nuclear weapons are exchanged by the North and the Americans acting at the request of the South, I can see no benefit to China from entering the conflict - even though it may have defence treaties with the North. China gains nothing from acting against either South Korea or the USA. Besides, it will probably be as pleased as anyone to see the persistent uncertainty with the North come to some sort of resolution. On the other hand, if it comes to non-nuclear war, my guess is China probably has to have some involvement, if only to protect its border with the North.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote:
TheCornerBar wrote:A few preemptive strike hydrogen bombs, loaded into cruise missiles, would sort the problem without giving North Korea a chance to respond. Just launch on a day the wind is blowing north or east. Then claim that the new nuclear power plant must have exploded.
I regret I don't find joking about such a horribly serious matter even remotely amusing
Are you sure he's joking . . . ?
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Gaybutton wrote:Are you sure he's joking . . . ?
With those north or easterly winds blowing right into China, my guess is the Chinese would probably take my view! And as Confucious said: War not determine who right. War determine who left :o