Wondering why the polls regarding sex preferences

Bob

Wondering why the polls regarding sex preferences

Post by Bob »

We have another poll where the posters starts out stating that he was wondering what type of men are here and the poll, like others, then goes into asking about one's sex habits/likes/whatever. Rather than respond there (which I did at first but then deleted it - don't want to hijack too much), I'll post it here.

Respectfully, I've been wondering why some others are wondering about what my sex life is or isn't (or, for another example, why they might wonder if I like muscular guys, fems, livestock, or whoever/whatever).

Presuming that others vote accurately in these polls (if anybody hasn't guessed, I lied about "livestock" answer in another poll), how does that information assist the pollsters or others? Is there some enjoyment or satisfaction with simply knowing what others do? Or is there some enjoyment or satisfaction with comparing or even justifying (to oneself, I presume) what you do with what others do? Or does it in any manner alter anybody else's habits? Or does knowing what others do with their sex lives (which, for many of us is such a small percentage of our lives and personalities) somehow makes the pollsters believe that they can "know" the other posters better? Somebody doing a research paper? Or what? (given I can't figure out the "why" of some of these polls, I'm probably not even asking the right questions).

It's the motivation out there to know this type of information that is what I'm curious about. I'm just wondering if any others have a clue here about that. And I'd note that I'm not attempting to encourage a discussion in this thread about whether polls themselves are good or bad or indifferent.
RichLB

Re: Wondering why the polls regarding sex preferences

Post by RichLB »

It's just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing the motivation is an attempt to influence any bar owners who might read these forums to hire staff which reflects the poll results. That's the best I can come up with.