Adam (our ancestor)

windwalker

Adam (our ancestor)

Post by windwalker »

I recently came across some newer versions of our ancient ancestor, Adam. The statue by Boltero is quite popular with bystanders who can't seem to resist polishing his "apple".

The New Adam is a painting in The Guggenheim, NYC, measuring 8'x40'. The model was none other than Sal Mineo the actor.
Khortose

Re: Adam (our ancestor)

Post by Khortose »

You will no doubt note that, in spite of playing Ari in the movie Exodus, Sal Mineo was definitely not Jewish. ;)
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Khortose wrote:You will no doubt note that, in spite of playing Ari in the movie Exodus, Sal Mineo was definitely not Jewish. ;)
There was no one around at the time to circumcise Adam! Sal Mineo was Catholic, a nice Italian boy.
Khortose

Post by Khortose »

windwalker wrote:
Khortose wrote:You will no doubt note that, in spite of playing Ari in the movie Exodus, Sal Mineo was definitely not Jewish. ;)
There was no one around at the time to circumcise Adam! Sal Mineo was Catholic, a nice Italian boy.
A Sicilian by birth, and with all the religious arguments that go around I wonder why no one has argued that God created Adam already circumcised. I know that circumcision is the sign of the covenant between God & Abraham, but if Adam was suppose to be perfect was he born with a foreskin, and how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin? ;)
Bob

Post by Bob »

Khortose wrote:A Sicilian by birth, and with all the religious arguments that go around I wonder why no one has argued that God created Adam already circumcised. I know that circumcision is the sign of the covenant between God & Abraham, but if Adam was suppose to be perfect was he born with a foreskin, and how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin? ;)
Being often of studious nature, I have copied this inquiry into Word on my laptop and I shall ponder it the rest of my days. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out if Adam had a navel.

Speaking of Adam - the statue shown in the photo in this thread - somebody ought to slap the sculptor upside his pointy head. There ain't many Leonardo DaVinci's around these days, that's for sure.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Bob wrote:Speaking of Adam - the statue shown in the photo in this thread - somebody ought to slap the sculptor upside his pointy head. There ain't many Leonardo DaVinci's around these days, that's for sure.
You want Leonardo? Botero, the artist, was a fan of Leonardo as you can see for yourself.
Khortose

Post by Khortose »

Bob wrote: Speaking of Adam - the statue shown in the photo in this thread - somebody ought to slap the sculptor upside his pointy head. There ain't many Leonardo DaVinci's around these days, that's for sure.
The artist, Boltero, is loved in Columbia. He is best known for his paintings mostly of the same fat (he says large) figures. He is widely collected by museums all over the world, especially in France. I am afraid I share your views about his art. Different strokes for different folks.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Bob wrote:Hell, I'm still trying to figure out if Adam had a navel.
Speaking of that, did Adam have nipples?