We have already lost the war in Iraq,time to leave?

ajarn2

We have already lost the war in Iraq,time to leave?

Post by ajarn2 »

I am not one do care much about politics,but i was watching Current Affairs show Four Corners last night and they were detailing how Iraq is already a lost war and has been covered up.
Apparently the Northern City of Basra has already been taken over by the "insurgents",however this has been covered up and the British soldiers who were there gave excuses they were leaving as they had more important matters in Afghanistan and were handing over to the new Police force in Bsra.
Problem was the police force were the insurgents.
It showed a insurgent video where the british soldiers were leaving in a hurry including jumping into helicoptors as the Iraq insurgents were running around shooting guns into the air etc.
Then scenes of the falling of Saigon were shown,all similar.
Basra in Iraq it seems was never handed over to a Mayor like the coalition said,it was taken over forcefully by the insurgents.

Down in another City in Fallugah there are another islamic group called the Shiites who hate the Basra people.
They are already trying to do similar to what Basra did,but secretely and there is film on this,the Americans went in to Fallugag one night and shot around 1000 people dead to maintain control.

Anyway according to the ex admin workers there,Basra is already lost,the insurgents already run it.Apparently this has already been covered it,but no coalition troops are in these areas anymore.

They interviewed insurgents who were Police by day,insurgents by night,they said they do not want foreign troops there and were using land mines to kill them.
I cannot believe how much the US and other countries are going to pay out in disability payments in the future for these soldiers.
They the people of Iraq seemed most ungrateful for the West getting rid of saddam hussein for them,why didnt they just leave him there.
Now according to the ex officials,America dont know what to do,they know Iraq will eventually fall.
The insurgents said its all for oil.

here is the link to the abc tv current affairs http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/
lvdkeyes

Re: We have already lost the war in Iraq,time to leave?

Post by lvdkeyes »

IMO, we should never have been there in the first place and the sooner we get out the better.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

lvdkeyes wrote:IMO, we should never have been there in the first place and the sooner we get out the better.
Agreed. But I wonder, who makes money from war? And what would they do when war stops?
Bob

Post by Bob »

While we should have never gone there in the first place (thank you very fucking much, Mr. Cheney and the neocons), pulling out now or precipitiously would end up, I would think, in a bloodbath far exceeding anything we've seen to date. So, unfortunately, the sad but wise choice is to hang in there and hope like hell that the level of stability continues to improve (and then get the hell out as fast as we prudently can).
gearguy

Post by gearguy »

"Were the expense of war to be defrayed always by revenue raised within the year … wars would in general be more speedily concluded, and less wantonly undertaken,” - Adam Smith.
ajarn2

Post by ajarn2 »

I wonder if Governments start wars to create jobs?
How many more people would be unemployed if they stopped the war ?
Not only front line troops,but admin staff,weapon makers,factories that provide things to them etc etc.