Razor recommendations??

jaafar

Razor recommendations??

Post by jaafar »

I currently have a Braun electric razor which I think costs too much and takes too much time. So I'm wide open for razor/shaver recommendations (face only) --- safety razor or electric. Any strong recommendations??
Jun

Re: Razor recommendations??

Post by Jun »

Well, over in the UK, the supermarket own brand triple blade razor blades do very nicely. I recommend you experiment. The price of the blades + handle is usually quite low, so if what you buy isn't to your satisfaction, just move to another one.
Just don't waste your time on expensive branded product. The technology for hardening & sharpening steel was developed a very long time ago, so there's no reason to pay for the advertising & high margins from the branded products.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

#1 Choice Gillette Fusion. There are two models, non-power and power. The power model has a battery operated motor which vibrates the shaving blades for a better shave, maybe. Battery lasts forever, the blades a month more or less depending on usage. Best there is.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

My bf mistakenly bought some razors made for women. They give a far better shave than any I have used before. The brand name is Daisies and the package is pink (what else would it be?)
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

I have been using a Norelco triple header with sideburn clipper for 30 years. I believe I am on my fourth one now. I'm sure even with the cost of replacement blades each year, that I am way ahead over buying disposables or blades. Definitely have a lot less nicks and shaving cuts too.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I am thinking of growing a beard. :lol: