Gay Hate Crime at The Stonewall Inn

Gaybutton

Gay Hate Crime at The Stonewall Inn

Post by Gaybutton »

2 Accused of Hate Crime at Historic Gay Bar

By Deborah Brunswick, CNN
October 5, 2010

New York (CNN) -- Two men have been charged with a hate crime after an attack on a gay man in the bathroom of a historic gay bar in downtown Manhattan early Sunday morning, according to Erin Duggan of the New York district attorney's office.

The 34-year old victim, whose name is not being released, was at a urinal inside the Stonewall Inn when one of the defendants allegedly asked him if he was gay, according a news release from the district attorney's office.

When the victim responded yes, Matthew Francis, 21, allegedly yelled, "Get away from me f----t. I don't like gay people." He then asked for money saying, "Give me a dollar. Give me a 20," according to the news release.

The victim refused and Francis allegedly push him to ground and punched him several times in the face and chest. The other defendant Christopher Orlando, 17, stood in front of the exit preventing him from leaving, the district attorney's office said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/05 ... google_cnn
lvdkeyes

Re: Gay Hate Crime at The Stonewall Inn

Post by lvdkeyes »

A 17 year old in a bar in NYC? Seems like, the thugs are not the only ones in trouble over this.