Taipei Gay Pride March - October 27, 2018

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Taipei Gay Pride March - October 27, 2018

Post by fountainhall »

A reminder that this year’s Gay Pride Parade takes place on Saturday 27 October. Last year 120,000 turned up, an increase of nearly 50% from the year before. Although the Parade takes place on the afternoon with a mass concert to follow, there are major Circuit parties on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon and the bars, saunas and hot springs will be packed with thousands of handsome young guys, many having travelled from other parts of Asia as well as Taiwan.

Presently Nok Scoot and Tiger Air Taiwan have budget tickets from Bangkok, but the Nok Scoot flights ex-BKK are overnight flights with early morning returns. Tiger Air’s daily flight departs around 7:30 pm arriving just after midnight. The return departs Taipei mid-afternoon. The lowest price presently is around Bt. 7,500.

Probably the best fare/flight for the week-end is on China Airlines which still has return tickets available with a variety of departures at Bt. 9,350 including bag and meal.
gerefan

Re: Taipei Gay Pride March - October 27, 2018

Post by gerefan »

I think you need to change the date in the title of this thread!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote:I think you need to change the date in the title of this thread!
Good idea. It was a bit confusing. I changed it.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Thanks for that.

I will be at the March again for the 7th time, but I am staying on in Taiwan for an extra 8 days. So I will not be able to post photos of the Parade until I return. Hopefully one or two other posters may also think of attending and post their photos earlier.
fedssocr1

Post by fedssocr1 »

definitely a great event. I was there about 5 years ago...unfortunately it wasn't the greatest weather that year. Taipei is worth a visit any time
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Agree on both counts! The Parade is just such a fun day with so many people having such a great time - and the city itself has so much to offer. As for weather, two years ago was probably the worst day I can recall when it was overcast and began to drizzle half way through. But it did little to dampen enthusiasm. Usually the weather in late October is either sunny or sunny with some cloud and a pleasant breeze.