Korea K-Pop Singer Finally Comes out as Gay

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Korea K-Pop Singer Finally Comes out as Gay

Post by fountainhall »

You'd think that amongst the many thousands of K-Pop singers a few have to be gay. But being a public figure and being gay in such a homophobic country as South Korea must be extremely difficult So well done to 22-year old Holland, a young singer who only made his debut this year and who has come out openly as gay. His video Neverland ended up with a million views on iTunes on its release day. The number of views is now nearer 10 million.

At the end of this article there is a long video with an Australian TV station (very cute interviewer!).

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/pe ... openly-gay
Dodger

Re: Korea K-Pop Singer Finally Comes out as Gay

Post by Dodger »

Good for him, although I doubt it shocked most of his fans.

So many of the K Pop Singers are HOT. and some obviously gay.

I think the K Pop bands have as many boy fans as they do girls so coming out really shouldn't be too impacting.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I was in Seoul many times in the 1980s and early 1990s. I never saw one guy anywhere near as cute as the plethora we now see in the boy bands, in the Seoul bars and clubs and just walking down the street. I wonder which came first. The boys starting to take an interest in their looks, or the boy bands leading to a mini-revolution in men's looks and grooming.
a447

Post by a447 »

The main shopping areas of Seoul are full of shops selling facial products. At least half of the customers are guys!
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Again going back to my earlier visits, there were a couple of gay bars I attended and one bathhouse which had an upstairs sleeping area that was to all intents and purposes for sex. None was especially easy to find. I visited them all and cannot recall one Korean guy I really had any interest in! Not even the waiters and porters in the hotels did I find interesting. They just were not nearly as attractive as the Thais, Japanese and Chinese I had more occasion to meet. Now there few I do not find more than attractive!