The British Royal Family and the Closet

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

The British Royal Family and the Closet

Post by fountainhall »

With its first wedding involving a part African-American, Britain’s Royal family showed that it was coming out of its cosy little closet. Now it is taking another step that is virtually enforcing it literally to come further out of the closet! The gay closet. Very soon, the Queen’s cousin and a great great great grandson of Queen Victoria, 55-year old Lord Ivar Mountbatten, will walk down the aisle and marry his boyfriend! Rather appropriately the person giving him away will be – his ex-wife! He is the first member of the Royal Family to come out as gay.

Mountbatten is 55 years old. He was happily married (to a woman) for 16 years and they have three daughters. He had told his wife prior to their marriage that he was bisexual. She and their daughters are said to be thrilled at the impending nuptials. His soon to be husband was an Airline Cabin Services Director.

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/06/18/w ... -to-marry/
firecat69

Re: The British Royal Family and the Closet

Post by firecat69 »

I used to have a Gay young friend travel with me from Montreal. Before that he lived in Europe with a very wealthy man . He swore to me that he used to party with Prince William and at the very least he was Bisexual. No idea if there were ever any rumors of that.

I really like Prince Harry and love his Wife as she was in one of my favorite TV shows ( Suits). Just hope the Press allows them some privacy. I laugh every time I see some people complain about what the Royals cost the Country. Do they have any idea the Tourist Pounds they get because of Buckingham and the Family.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

firecat69 wrote:I used to have a Gay young friend travel with me from Montreal. Before that he lived in Europe with a very wealthy man . He swore to me that he used to party with Prince William and at the very least he was Bisexual. No idea if there were ever any rumors of that . . .

I laugh every time I see some people complain about what the Royals cost the Country. Do they have any idea the Tourist Pounds they get because of Buckingham and the Family.
Rumours help keep the gay wheel of life turning. In our own ways, most of us and many of our friends seem to indulge in the vicarious pleasure in "who might be?" I have friends who work in the entertainment business in Australia. When Tom Cruise was filming one of his Mission Impossible series in Sydney, the rumour mill went into overdrive with this friend having seen him in a gay bar, another swearing he knew some guy he slept with - and so on. Those rumours came fast and furious and many revelled in it. I'm sure the gay community would love it if Prince William announced he was bisexual. Is he? No idea! But I cannot see a future King of the UK admitting it!

Totally agree about the cost of the Royals more than covering itself. Those of us from the UK might occasionally moan a bit about hereditary privilege and wealth, but who in their right minds would want to do their jobs? I have lived almost all my life under one Queen and I believe she has done and continues to do an amazing job. One reason is that whilst she can advise, she can not become involved - openly - in politics. I then compare her with elected Presidents like Trump, Erdogan, Duterte and that whole panoply of elected dictator-like heads of state. I know which I prefer.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I know a guy who worked at the Dorchester in London and he said Tommy boy would check in with his "personal trainer" into a room with only 1 bed. Which one slept on the sofa or floor?
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

I'd bet Prince Edward is gay. Wouldn't surprise me if they all know it too and have told him to keep his mouth shut.