What is Sex?

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
RichLB

What is Sex?

Post by RichLB »

I remember Clinton proclaiming "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." At the time that seemed a blatant lie, but by today's standards, was it? I've watched a number of coming of age, reality shows (Big Brother, etc.), and teen oriented TV shows. It now seems men/boys are free to engage in kissing, oral sex, and hand jobs under the guise of it being a "bromance" and not "gay sex". So, that creates a question. What, exactly, is gay sex and more generally "sex' ?
windwalker

Re: What is Sex?

Post by windwalker »

RichLB wrote: What, exactly, is gay sex and more generally "sex' ?
I would say, all of the items you listed are sex.
werner99

Post by werner99 »

RichLB wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 pm What, exactly, is gay sex and more generally "sex' ?
Ask your boyfriend or lover...
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:30 pm What, exactly, is gay sex and more generally "sex' ?
That's easy. Just ask a clergyman or anti-gay rhetoric legislator . . .
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I admit I do not know the answer. Is kissing and cuddling on the sofa or a bed sex? Maybe not. But what if the couple is nude and aroused but nothing more happens? Does that constitute sex? If it leads to mutual masturbation, does that then cross the line and become sex? Like probably quite a number of others, I indulged in mutual masturbation as a teenager. I had no feelings other than friendship with the other guy/s. It was just something we enjoyed. I cannot believe that can be defined as sex.

Clinton clearly assumed the world would believe that non-penetrative intercourse is not sex. How anyone can actually believe that oral sex between adults leading to ejaculation is not sex rather beats me. But if we regard Clinton's comment as not being sex, does that mean that gay men who do not indulge in penetrative sex (and there appear to be some) never have sex? That surely cannot be the case.

Only questions. No answers!
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

Sex is an act of penetrative intercourse between a man and a woman where the head of the penis has entered and remained in the vagina for at least seven seconds.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

deanagam wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 am head of the penis has entered and remained in the vagina for at least seven seconds.
What is it if it remains for only 6 seconds . . . ?
werner99

Post by werner99 »

As a non-native speaker of English, I have always found the terms "make love" and "make out" interesting.
[I learned these terms -- and activities -- when I was a high-school exchange student in the U.S. many years ago.]

So, one "makes love" only with a committed partner, lover, or spouse? Is that correct?

But one does NOT "make love" with a casual hook-up or pick-up. That is just "sex".

And is "making out" sex? Or is that the preliminary action that might but not necessarily lead to "sex".
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Make out is preliminary action, usually kissing and petting.

Make love is a polite form of "fuck". I've never heard "make love" used other than in movies and TV, to be able to get away with conveying the meaning without actually saying "fuck". If it is used in anyone's actual everyday conversation, I've never heard it, although sometimes it is used as a slogan - "Make Love, Not War".

"I say fuck and I say shit only for one reason. People do. If you ain't never fucked, shiiiiiit. And if you ain't never shit, fuck!!!"
- Redd Foxx
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

deanagam wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 am Sex is an act of penetrative intercourse between a man and a woman where the head of the penis has entered and remained in the vagina for at least seven seconds.
Not sure I can agree with that. So gay men cannot have sex? If penetration is essential, then there are several gay couples who deliberately avoid anal sex. Is their love making therefore not sex?